General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yay!!!! praying for you girl you got this!! if you have any questions about the program, they have an instagram and one of the professors runs it! she's amazing, Dr Garcia! the insta is Monmouth_otd
Thank you so much, just followed I hope I hear back soon so we can keep in contact!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got accepted at UW!! My first choice school!!

Applied: UW (Seattle), EWU (Spokane), UPS (Tacoma)
Interviews: EWU
Accepted: EWU (declined), UW (accepted!)
Waitlist: UPS
Rejection:

I have an interview with Chatham! I am a bit nervous! Anyone who has interviewed with them have any tips or general advice on what kinds of questions they ask or what the written portion is? It would be greatly appreciated!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted at UW!! My first choice school!!

Applied: UW (Seattle), EWU (Spokane), UPS (Tacoma)
Interviews: EWU
Accepted: EWU (declined), UW (accepted!)
Waitlist: UPS
Rejection:
Congrats on UW!!

I have an interview with Chatham! I am a bit nervous! Anyone who has interviewed with them have any tips or general advice on what kinds of questions they ask or what the written portion is? It would be greatly appreciated!:)
My interview with them was very relaxed! Mine was a group interview and we all answered the same questions and alternated who went first each time. The questions were fairly general, like why OT, strengths and weaknesses, etc. The written portion is essentially just a timed 30 minute typed response and you just need to respond to how you would deal with a certain scenario. I was really nervous about the written portion going into it but it wasn’t bad at all in my opinion. Good luck!!

Be prepared for an long Interview! They break it into parts with ten to thirty min breaks. It's not bad! I was accepted. You have a group Interview portion and a writing portion and one or two other parts! Just be you, be calm, and be positive. You got this!

Was accepted into Columbia today. Now I am deciding between BU and Columbia...if anyone has any insight into the pros and cons of each program, I would really appreciate it :)
BU starts your fieldwork 1 almost immediately, you get to do four different rotations in a variety of settings to figure out what interests you most! These rotations are semester long and are one day a week (from what I recall). So if hand on experience in a variety of settings interests you it's a pro, if this seems overwhelming with their course work - a con.

My interview with them was very relaxed! Mine was a group interview and we all answered the same questions and alternated who went first each time. The questions were fairly general, like why OT, strengths and weaknesses, etc. The written portion is essentially just a timed 30 minute typed response and you just need to respond to how you would deal with a certain scenario. I was really nervous about the written portion going into it but it wasn’t bad at all in my opinion. Good luck!!
Thank you so much! Yes, I am more nervous about the written portion! Do you think you had enough time to write it or did you feel like you had to rush?! Did you get to meet with all the faculty during your interview?

Thank you so much! Yes, I am more nervous about the written portion! Do you think you had enough time to write it or did you feel like you had to rush?! Did you get to meet with all the faculty during your interview?
No problem! I felt like I had enough time for the written portion! I quickly organized my thoughts on a scrap piece of paper and then spent the rest of the time writing, leaving the last two minutes or so for reviewing. I took a bit longer since I tend to be a bit slower when it comes to things like that but still had time to edit so it wasn’t terrible! I only met the one faculty member that interviewed me during my group interview portion but they did send us a video a few days before the interview introducing the faculty to us. Not sure if they’re still doing that but that was just my experience! Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
No problem! I felt like I had enough time for the written portion! I quickly organized my thoughts on a scrap piece of paper and then spent the rest of the time writing, leaving the last two minutes or so for reviewing. I took a bit longer since I tend to be a bit slower when it comes to things like that but still had time to edit so it wasn’t terrible! I only met the one faculty member that interviewed me during my group interview portion but they did send us a video a few days before the interview introducing the faculty to us. Not sure if they’re still doing that but that was just my experience! Hope this helps!
Yes this helped!! But I am as well slower with stuff like that. It’s great to hear you didn’t feel rushed makes me feel better. Are you attending their program?

Yes this helped!! But I am as well slower with stuff like that. It’s great to hear you didn’t feel rushed makes me feel better. Are you attending their program?
I ended up getting in but decided to decline my offer because I had other schools that I had gotten into that I felt would be a better fit for me. Chatham was probably the hardest for me to say no to though since everyone was so nice and supportive. Good luck on your interview!

I ended up getting in but decided to decline my offer because I had other schools that I had gotten into that I felt would be a better fit for me. Chatham was probably the hardest for me to say no to though since everyone was so nice and supportive. Good luck on your interview!
Thank you! Good luck with everything!!

Congratulations to everyone on all of your acceptances!!
Does anyone know if there is an accepted students Facebook page yet for Jefferson MOT?
Thanks! :)

Hi! I received an email yesterday and was moved up from the waitlist and offered a spot. So I think the waitlist is moving along, I haven’t responded to accept it yet though!
Congratulations! Thanks for letting me know! Hoping to hear good news from them soon too 🤞

Applied: UTMB, UTSA, UTEP, UTRGV, TWU Denton, Texas Tech, LSU Shreveport, Washington University

Interviews: UTMB, LSU Shreveport, Texas Tech, TWU Denton, Washington University, (I guess UTEP/UTRGV don’t do interviews).

(Waitlisted: LSU Shreveport, UTMB)

Accepted: LSU Shreveport (from waitlist), Washington University, UTEP, UTRGV

Rejected: UTSA, TWU Denton

*Texas Tech offered an interview but I wasn’t able to take it because it conflicted with my UTMB interview. TTU wouldn’t reschedule :(

Hello! Do you guys have advice on being waitlisted? Only applied to 1 school and would be a dream to get off the waitlist! Contact admissions officers, what to even say/don’t bother and just keep waiting, etc.?

Hello! Do you guys have advice on being waitlisted? Only applied to 1 school and would be a dream to get off the waitlist! Contact admissions officers, what to even say/don’t bother and just keep waiting, etc.?
I think it’s always a good idea to reach out to them! Obviously don’t hound them and come off like you’re bothering them lol but maybe just say you’re still really interested in their program and either ask them for more information on how their waitlist works or ask them if there is anything you can do in the meantime? It doesn’t need to be lengthy but just send them something short and sweet so they can see you’re still interested and they can keep your name on their radar!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Anyone accepted and chosen Hofstra's program and have more info beyond the interview/website? I was accepted and want to know more before I fully commit!

Applied: Rutgers, Kean (OTD), Seton Hall, Stockton, Monmouth, University of Florida
Interview: Rutgers, Stockton, Kean
Waitlists: UF, Stockton
Acceptances: Monmouth
Rejections:
updated 2/24
Congrats on the acceptance to Monmouth! How long did it take you to receive your decision after applying?

I think it’s always a good idea to reach out to them! Obviously don’t hound them and come off like you’re bothering them lol but maybe just say you’re still really interested in their program and either ask them for more information on how their waitlist works or ask them if there is anything you can do in the meantime? It doesn’t need to be lengthy but just send them something short and sweet so they can see you’re still interested and they can keep your name on their radar!
Thanks! :)

Has anyone heard from gwynedd-Mercy or Kean (msot) ? Also on the wait list for Stockton, hoping to hear back !

Some things that worked for me were -
-Saying if I was accepted off the waitlist that I would be fully committed to accepting
-Continuously sending in additional experiences and achievements I got since being waitlisted, including grades/GPA increase, additional observational hours (virtual), achievements of organizations I was on the executive board of, a new part-time job somewhat related to OT, and completing leadership series

Then again, the school specifically said that anyone on the waitlist should send in additional experiences, so it might be good to just make sure that the school you are trying to get off of the waitlist of does accept and look at additional experiences!

Hope this helped! Good luck!!

Has anyone heard from gwynedd-Mercy or Kean (msot) ? Also on the wait list for Stockton, hoping to hear back !
I don’t believe Kean has contacted anyone regarding the MSOT program yet. They just did OTD interviews last week and I am waiting to hear back from them. They do them separate!

I got accepted to Gwynedd mercy and got an unofficial email on Tuesday about financial aid and accessing a portal! I think they meant to send the other one before? Because it almost like ruined the excitement of a decision if that makes any sense 😂

I don’t believe Kean has contacted anyone regarding the MSOT program yet. They just did OTD interviews last week and I am waiting to hear back from them. They do them separate!
Thank you! Good luck with everything!

I got accepted to Gwynedd mercy and got an unofficial email on Tuesday about financial aid and accessing a portal! I think they meant to send the other one before? Because it almost like ruined the excitement of a decision if that makes any sense 😂
Yay! Congrats! Oh no I’m sure that ruined the excitement I’m sorry ! 😂

Hi! Just got accepted into Columbia yesterday and was wondering if there are any GroupMes?

Did anybody apply to Franklin Pierce University in Arizona and heard back from them? I emailed them twice, and the first time, they responded saying that if they don't email us, then we are still considered into their program.

Also, for those who have already applied and were accepted or on the waitlist, congratulations!

Applied: Belmont, MUSC, USC, USciences, NYU, Columbia, Salus
Interviews: Belmont, Salus, MUSC (declined)
Acceptances: Belmont, Salus, NYU
Waitlists: Columbia (declined spot on waitlist)
Rejections: USciences, USC

Here is every decision for anyone who finds it helpful! I've decided to attend Belmont!

Applied: Belmont, MUSC, USC, USciences, NYU, Columbia, Salus
Interviews: Belmont, Salus, MUSC (declined)
Acceptances: Belmont, Salus, NYU
Waitlists: Columbia (declined spot on waitlist)
Rejections: USciences, USC

Here is every decision for anyone who finds it helpful! I've decided to attend Belmont!
Did you decide which school you will be attending?

Applied: Rutgers, Kean (OTD), Seton Hall, Stockton, Monmouth, University of Florida
Interview: Rutgers, Stockton, Kean
Waitlists: UF, Stockton
Acceptances: Monmouth, Seton Hall
Rejections:
updated 3/9!

Applied: WNE, MGH, BU, TJU, Roberts Wesleyan, NDMU, Rutgers
Interview: BU, TJU, Roberts Wesleyan, NDMU, Rutgers
Acceptances: WNE, TJU, Roberts Wesleyan and Rutgers
Rejection: BU & MGH

This is my first time posting on here, I have pretty much heard back from most schools and I think I’m going to commit to Rutgers by the end of this week! I was wondering if anyone else has heard back from Rutgers and have decided to attend?

Hello all!

I applied to both Kean (MSOT) and Seton Hall and was just wondering if anyone heard back from any of these two schools? Also, do you guys know if they accept people by alphabetical order or just by the application? May be a stupid question haha sorry. Good luck to you guys hopefully we all get into some school!!!

Hello all!

I applied to both Kean (MSOT) and Seton Hall and was just wondering if anyone heard back from any of these two schools? Also, do you guys know if they accept people by alphabetical order or just by the application? May be a stupid question haha sorry. Good luck to you guys hopefully we all get into some school!!!
I heard back from Seton Hall yesturday

Hello all!

Hi there! No such thing as a stupid question. 😊 I did not apply to either of these schools, but in my experience applications are often reviewed in the order that they are received. Some schools that I applied to accepted candidates in batches, so they find their most exceptionally qualified applicants and notify them first, and then in a week or two reach out to the next group of applicants ranking slightly below them if there are spots remaining. I'm fairly confident that the alphabet does not play a factor. Hopefully this is helpful ad you hear back soon! Best of luck!

Applied: WNE, MGH, BU, TJU, Roberts Wesleyan, NDMU, Rutgers
Interview: BU, TJU, Roberts Wesleyan, NDMU, Rutgers
Acceptances: WNE, TJU, Roberts Wesleyan and Rutgers
Rejection: BU & MGH

This is my first time posting on here, I have pretty much heard back from most schools and I think I’m going to commit to Rutgers by the end of this week! I was wondering if anyone else has heard back from Rutgers and have decided to attend?
How long did it take to hear back from them after your interview for Rutgers? I was the first group in January and they haven’t sent me anything. So confused lol

Hello all!

Seton Hall sent out acceptances yesterday so check your online portal!! I was accepted. Kean has no sent out anything regarding MSOT yet because they do their OTD class first.