Which shelf to take next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptainZeki

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my next shelf on Sept 7th and I can decide which of the following shelves I can take: Surgery, IM, OB/GYN.
I am in a MD school that does LIC (long integrated clerkships) where you hop around a different clinic each day. I have already completed my in patient IM rotation (4 weeks long) and currently in an outpatient IM, surgery, and OB/GYN clinic (also peds, psych, and FM).

If you were in my shoes and had to choose a shelf to take, which one would you take? I have UW and Amboss and use ANKI daily. There is so much content for IM that I do not want to take that next tbh. Is OB/GYN easier? It has less content (we also have access to UWise as well).

Let me know your thoughts! I am trying to match into either Med-Peds or FM so I don't wanna ruin my chance at Honoring IM.

Members don't see this ad.

Take whichever one you have finished anki for. If you haven't finished it for IM then take it later.

OB/Gyn, Surgery then IM. In that order.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Even if I didnt do my inpatient OB/GYN rotation (finishing up my outpatient OB/GYN rotation via my LIC)?
Yes. Do your UWorld and you are good to go. I was in a similar situation as you and scored in the 93+ precentile on the og/gyn shelf.