Which recommendation letter from a science professor is better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptsouth

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question regarding the recommendation letter from a science professor.
Ideally, I would like to receive a "Personalized letter," but unfortunately, I can only submit one of the following two "Generalized letters":

1) Molecular and Cell Biology II (one semester): Received an A grade. The TA will write the recommendation letter, which can be cosigned by the Faculty. (The TA might include some personalized content.)
2) Organic Chemistry I, II (two semesters): Received an A- in both semesters. The Faculty will write the letter. (This letter is likely to be more generalized.)

Both seem similar, but if I had to choose between 1) and 2), which recommendation letter would be better to submit?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I have a question regarding the recommendation letter from a science professor.
Ideally, I would like to receive a "Personalized letter," but unfortunately, I can only submit one of the following two "Generalized letters":

1) Molecular and Cell Biology II (one semester): Received an A grade. The TA will write the recommendation letter, which can be cosigned by the Faculty. (The TA might include some personalized content.)
2) Organic Chemistry I, II (two semesters): Received an A- in both semesters. The Faculty will write the letter. (This letter is likely to be more generalized.)

Both seem similar, but if I had to choose between 1) and 2), which recommendation letter would be better to submit?

Thank you.
Welcome to the forums.
Do you have a committee letter process? What other letters are you soliciting that are more personal?

Welcome to the forums.
Do you have a committee letter process? What other letters are you soliciting that are more personal?
Yes. I have a committee letter process.
I hope I will get a little personalized letter from a professor of physics lab whom I am taking this semester.
In addition, I will get a letter from a professor of biostatistics whom I am taking this semester, but I guess it will also be a generalized letter.

Last edited: