Which conferences are looking for reviewers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asukaran

Reaction score
I wonder if you know which psychological conferences are recruiting volunteer reviewers? I am a PhD candidate and very interested in such experience. Or do you know any website that you can sign up for to let the conferences know that you are interested in becoming a reviewer (something like the Publon or Elsevier Review Hub)?

In addition, do you know which peer-reviewed journals might have high needs for reviewers? I signed up for some but have received only a few invitations...

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder if you know which psychological conferences are recruiting volunteer reviewers? I am a PhD candidate and very interested in such experience. Or do you know any website that you can sign up for to let the conferences know that you are interested in becoming a reviewer (something like the Publon or Elsevier Review Hub)?

In addition, do you know which peer-reviewed journals might have high needs for reviewers? I signed up for some but have received only a few invitations...

Thank you!

Once you publish, and once you are conferred your PhD, you will be approached to be a reviewer more than you could ever want. Even those of us who are primarily clinical but publish occasionally still get hit up to review all the time. If you publish regularly, you'll get these requests and should not need to seek them out.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed. Publish and get your name out there. There is a time and place when you can ask for more editorial responsibilities, but at this stage it should evolve fairly naturally. If you want to do conference abstract reviews, join the organization and get involved in committees and publish in their journal if they have one.

As junior faculty, I am probably doing 1-2 reviews/month. And that's with me turning down a LOT (though probably not as many as I should).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ask a PI if you can help with a review.

*It's strange that our professional reputation is partially based upon unpaid work.

Reactions: 4 users
OP, I'd advise you to contact the conferences that you would attend to see about help with review committees and whatnot. I understand just wanting the experience, but it may look weird on a CV to be doing proposal reviews for random areas. Although, you'd likely have a hard time getting on a review committee without any relevant experience or background.

Reactions: 1 user