Local, Regional, and National Conferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iliketohelppeople

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I teach at a regional public comprehensive university, and we just don't do the best job of getting folks doing research early. So, I get a lot of juniors and seniors who wish to do some research before applying to grad programs. I have several projects in various stages (lit reviews, conducting some preliminary data, able to reuse old data), and want to help my students get some posters before they apply/as they apply. Some of them are also quite eager to get some posters in before they leave.

We have a lot of local (e.g., local to the university) and regional/state opportunities (e.g., at our state's capital, a system symposium). My work can be presented at national levels as well (APA as well as a couple of the division's conferences, and a national conference for undergrads). I myself did a lot of presenting at national conferences when I was in grad school in the two divisions I was heavily involved in, so I did not come up against the issue of presenting a poster (or a similar poster) at multiple conferences. With all of these conferences (some of them are quite close together - specifically, a local, state, and national conference for undergrads), the idea of presenting the same poster at a local, regional/state, and national conference becomes appealing. However, I don't want them to necessarily 'pad' their CV or do something outrageous, but I don't know what the line is for posters at this level. Does anyone have perspectives they are willing to share?

Members don't see this ad.