when will pharmacists get the covid vaccine for themselves?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BTW I checked Sutter Health's appointment system and all appointment slots are wiped out now that they expanded eligibility

Nice

I will maintain Kaiser is freaking joke though~~~~

Members don't see this ad.

Got my 2nd dose today, no reaction yet! Thankfully, most of my immediate co-workers have gotten it or will get it. Still, too many people not wanting it because of some made-up reason.

Still, too many people not wanting it because of some made-up reason.
I was in disbelief reading some of those mindbending reasons on a facebook group recently from ACTUAL licensed health professionals.

But in the end, it just means another open spot for those that want it.. so no harm/no foul

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@sozetone

There is one Walmart in your former neck of the woods allowing online appointments now

LOL

So either find a ghetto Walmart in an area where vaccine acceptance is low or find a Walmart really in the boonies. Walmart's scheduler allows 7 days a week too (unlike Safeway)

I was playing around with Walmart's appointment system and I was allowed to double book appointment slots (provided exact same information) and you cannot cancel or change slots apparently.

Did not request third party payer info either or SSN

@sozetone

There is one Walmart in your former neck of the woods allowing online appointments now

LOL

So either find a ghetto Walmart in an area where vaccine acceptance is low or find a Walmart really in the boonies. Walmart's scheduler allows 7 days a week too (unlike Safeway)
At this point i want the new vaccines which will cover newer emerging strains of Sars-Cov-2. This current vaccine is going to be obsolete in 6 months. maybe less at this rate,

So I know someone who applied for the CVS immunizer position. They did a bait and switch. Told her during the interview they would provide N95 masks, face shields and provide the Covid vaccine for pharmacists.

After she did her drug test and started training, she asked again and they said they would only get a surgical mask and gloves. No N95 or face shield and no vaccine "unless they have extra left".

Hard pass.

So I know someone who applied for the CVS immunizer position. They did a bait and switch. Told her during the interview they would provide N95 masks, face shields and provide the Covid vaccine for pharmacists.

After she did her drug test and started training, she asked again and they said they would only get a surgical mask and gloves. No N95 or face shield and no vaccine "unless they have extra left".

Hard pass.
CVS is the slimiest , scummy company you can work for. they are highly un-ethical, they straight out lie and cheat.....not to mention they run their pharmacies like a sweat shop. Worst of the worst. they can barely answer the phones anymore because the poor pharmacist is doing over 600 Rx;s with a couple techs and drowning all day.

Reactions: 1 user
and yeah, it doesnt matter about the shot anymore.... this current one for the wuhan strain is about to become obsolete. the "newer" strains are taking over and speading FAST.... UK, South Africa, Brazil...etc. (they are just discovered there, not FROM there....lol)

Walmart has done 200,000 COVID-19 shots YTD!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 (through week 3)

That averages out to like 50 a store YTD (though many stores not in on this action)

I'm sure these slime DMs will bust a nut at the expanded # increasing

Walmart has done 200,000 COVID-19 shots YTD!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 (through week 3)

That averages out to like 50 a store YTD (though many stores not in on this action)

I'm sure these slime DMs will bust a nut at the expanded # increasing
oh yeah , this is a billion dollar situation.......

That was not my experience.I was vaccinated first day.They had plenty of PPE.I am a CVS immunizer.
CVS just is not an ethical company. They literlly cycle out their pharmcists as they burn them out. So they save money on staffing, while the market price for pharms plummets, they hire, and in a year or two, when your exhausted, they trade you up for the 35/HR pharm.... it's a win win for them. Anyone going into CVS should consider it a "holdover" job and keep looking dilligently until ANYHTING else is found.

Reactions: 1 users
Hospital RPh here in NJ. Got it in 3rd week of December 2020. I'm surprised other states are taking so long to have pharmacists vaccinated. How are you expected to provide vaccinations for people if you yourself are not vaccinated?

y burn them out. So they save money on staffing, while the market price for pharms plummets, they hire, and in a year or two, when your exhausted, they trade you up for the 35/HR pharm.... it's a win win for them. Anyone going into CVS should consider it a "holdover" job and keep looking dilligently until ANYHTING else is

CVS is not a real job anymore, lol. It's the shi*hole for pharmacists.

Reactions: 1 user
CVS is not a real job anymore, lol. It's the shi*hole for pharmacists.
im sorry to say but yes im glad you see it too. i remember when it was not like this 15 years ago i guess. its a shame what its become.

Hospital RPh here in NJ. Got it in 3rd week of December 2020. I'm surprised other states are taking so long to have pharmacists vaccinated. How are you expected to provide vaccinations for people if you yourself are not vaccinated?
yeah it doesnt matter anymore bro i had covid early last month..... awesome ... thanks to my company for looking out, and of course FL governor for NOT opening the shots to healthcare providers through the Health dept on day one. thanks guys, I could have died,,,,,

i would literally sweep garbage trucks until i found something OTHER than CVS if it came down to it. It's good exercise and i bet your boss is not on you all day about metrics.