Pharmacists who work for CMS Medicaid / Medicare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MBar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to see what it's like working for CMS Medicare / Medicaid for pharmacists. I know the salary is not great (i.e. govt), but what about job satisfaction, expectations/ metrics, etc. The job description involves: policy work, pharmaco-economics, law/regulations.
Anyone here currently working or has had experience with CMS?

Members don't see this ad.

Soooo many jobs there. It's fully remote so I'm tempted, but I just can't justify the low pay. VA pays way more.

Members don't see this ad :)
What jobs are we talking about here? Is there a link?

Hi,
I have applied to CMS too, but what are the chances to get in???
I have been working almost 10 years with retail trying to switch career. Kind of confused which one to focus. I prefer WFH jobs but not sure where to look. Please guide me.
Thanks

Anyone apply for that Pharmacist position in the Office of Health Informatics?

Reactions: 1 user
Did any of you all hear back?
IF it’s all the same position we’re speaking of, I got a notice of referral to the hiring manager recently but haven’t heard back. I’m just assuming it goes slowly since it’s the government.

IF it’s all the same position we’re speaking of, I got a notice of referral to the hiring manager recently but haven’t heard back. I’m just assuming it goes slowly since it’s the government.
Hi! Following. Did you ever hear back? TY

I applied for ****s and giggles for the newest iteration of the posting...I thought maaaayyybe I might want the job just due to it being fully remote, but then decided I don't want the pay cut. Anyway, here's how many people applied...I don't even know how many positions there are...and yeah I did get referred but that doesn't really mean anything.
1682991380659.png

Reactions: 1 users
weren't these Direct hiring authority under the inflation reduction act of 2022 meaning they know who they want regardless of applicants?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users