When to take the DAT after Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edkahn

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of you have been saying that it is a waster of money, but I have decided to take the Kaplan DAT class. How long after the class would you guys recommend taking the DAT? The class is over on December 7th. Finals for my fall semester will be beginning the following week? Should I wait until after finals, or take 'em before? Can one reschedule the DAT after it has been scheduled?

Members don't see this ad.

The DAT on computer has been a real blessing, but one of its downfalls is that you can reschedule the exam as many times as you wish. Some students end up using this as an excuse and keep pushing their test date back due to their "not being prepared". The important thing is to set a date and NOT change that date. Build your study schedule around that date and you should be fine.

I can't tell you when to take the exam because I don't know how much value that Kaplan course is. I reviewed the book several times and then took the exam after a month of studying.

WOW! I cannot believe you only studied one month! How many hours per day did you study, how many sample exams did you do, extra reading, etc??? I ask because I'm in the middle of studying for the DAT's and I am doing 4-6 hours per day.

In need of advice,

Saumya77 :p