What next? No match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

life

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not match for pedo residency. What are the chances with unmatched positions? Are there any possibilities ever for a thing like that to happen? I am soooo sad :(
Good luck to everyone else.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't match. However, I know several people who were able to find post-match positions last year. Your school will be given a list of programs that did not fill their positions (I was told at noon today) and you can contact each school to apply. I heard some schools will request that you fax your resume, letters of rec, scores, transcripts ASAP. I know of other residents who had to go through another round of post-match interviews. I know of some people who were offered GPR positions on the phone.

If you didn't match - you can always try to find a GPR program through post-match as well. If you do a little bit of research, you can probably find some GPR programs that treat a large number of kids and this will probably look should you choose to apply again next year. It's only one year - why not?

Best of luck with your post-match...

Thank you very much for showing me some hope!

Ya, try post match, both for a GPR and Pedo, just to cover your bases. Just contact the places with open positions, FYI, some programs elect to not list any openings, if they have any, so go ahead and call the programs that say there are not spots available too! Tell them you are interested still and hope for the best.