What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oscarbobb

Reaction score
Date of submission

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
All these schools dont have a limit on community college credits

Reactions: 1 user
List seems fine other than Utennesee which sticks out. I would just plan on answering "Why Us?" very well if offered an interview. Look into their school mission.

Definitely focus on your IS school and prep for that interview. What did you say about manual dexterity?

Members don't see this ad :)
List seems fine other than Utennesee which sticks out. I would just plan on answering "Why Us?" very well if offered an interview. Look into their school mission.

Definitely focus on your IS school and prep for that interview. What did you say about manual dexterity?
Cricket batting and wicketkeeping which requires a lot of hand-eye coordination, worked the grill at Mcdonalds for 2 years, Loading gel, pipetting, and streaking microbes on agar plates

Regional is your best friend. I would include Oregon, even if you think the OOS works against you (not sure if OHSU is not kind to dual-enrollment). If you are a SED applicant, holistic review may help you for them.

I don't know about your fit with UConn or UB. Check the OOS stats and any affinity student groups that you are inclined to join. I would check any dental schools that also have dental hygiene programs... check if the admissions requirements for DMD/DDS comment about CC coursework.

Date of submission: June 10 2023
Overall GPA: 3.81
Science GPA: 3.78
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.89
DAT score: AA:22 TS: 23 PAT:19 QR:22 RC:20 BIO:22 OCHEM:22 GC:25
State of Residence: Washington

Undergrad Attended: Community College via Running Start Program(attending community college during high school) and University Of Washington
Major: Biochemistry
Minor: N/A
Minority?
NO
Reapplicant? NO
Nontrad? NO

Shadowing Experience:
200 hours from 2 different general dentists
Volunteering Experience: 260 hours at a local hospital, 100 hours as a children's sports camp coordinator for kids in my community, and 10 hours spent making and distributing oral care packages to the homeless.
Employment: 300 hours as a nurse assistant, 200 hours at a covid-19 testing facility, 500 hours as a substitute teacher, and 400 hours as a Mcdonald's employee.
Research: N/A
Other Extracurriculars: President/founder of the Cricket Club at my community college, Captain of a cricket team in a local league
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list once, Achieved my Associate degree in highest honors.
LOR type and strength: General dentist I shadowed, ochem professor, microbiology professor, volunteer coordinator from hospital. All seem pretty strong especially the dentist.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: 100 of my 195 credits were from a community college. All done during highschool.
School list: University of Washington, Roseman, Touro new york, Buffalo new york, University of Tennessee, Univeristy of Connecticut, Western University of health sciences California, University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at UWSOD?

Date of submission: June 10 2023
Overall GPA: 3.81
Science GPA: 3.78
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.89
DAT score: AA:22 TS: 23 PAT:19 QR:22 RC:20 BIO:22 OCHEM:22 GC:25
State of Residence: Washington

Undergrad Attended: Community College via Running Start Program(attending community college during high school) and University Of Washington
Major: Biochemistry
Minor: N/A
Minority?
NO
Reapplicant? NO
Nontrad? NO

Shadowing Experience:
200 hours from 2 different general dentists
Volunteering Experience: 260 hours at a local hospital, 100 hours as a children's sports camp coordinator for kids in my community, and 10 hours spent making and distributing oral care packages to the homeless.
Employment: 300 hours as a nurse assistant, 200 hours at a covid-19 testing facility, 500 hours as a substitute teacher, and 400 hours as a Mcdonald's employee.
Research: N/A
Other Extracurriculars: President/founder of the Cricket Club at my community college, Captain of a cricket team in a local league
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list once, Achieved my Associate degree in highest honors.
LOR type and strength: General dentist I shadowed, ochem professor, microbiology professor, volunteer coordinator from hospital. All seem pretty strong especially the dentist.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: 100 of my 195 credits were from a community college. All done during highschool.
School list: University of Washington, Roseman, Touro new york, Buffalo new york, University of Tennessee, Univeristy of Connecticut, Western University of health sciences California, University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
why these schools?
Touro new york, Buffalo new york, University of Tennessee, Univeristy of Connecticut, Western University of health sciences California

have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at UWSOD?
nope the 2 years I had left for my degree was washed out cuz of covid. So everything was online for me except a couple of courses at the end of my senior year

Regional is your best friend. I would include Oregon, even if you think the OOS works against you (not sure if OHSU is not kind to dual-enrollment). If you are a SED applicant, holistic review may help you for them.

I don't know about your fit with UConn or UB. Check the OOS stats and any affinity student groups that you are inclined to join. I would check any dental schools that also have dental hygiene programs... check if the admissions requirements for DMD/DDS comment about CC coursework.
what's an SED applicant?

nope the 2 years I had left for my degree was washed out cuz of covid. So everything was online for me except a couple of courses at the end of my senior year
have you at least met/called/zoom with admissions staff at UWSOD?

why these schools?
Touro new york, Buffalo new york, University of Tennessee, Univeristy of Connecticut, Western University of health sciences California
There's not many schools that accept over 70 community college credits, These are safe schools. Main focus is UW

have you at least met/called/zoom with admissions staff at UWSOD?
Nope? How could this be of benefit and what specifically would I talk about? I was in contact with them regarding my dual enrolment program but that's about it.