What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ListerineGuy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • Biology BS
  • Virginia resident
  • Overall GPA: 3.60
  • Science GPA: 3.61
  • BCP: 3.63
  • DAT: 22AA|23TS|24 PAT|25BIO|24GC|22OC|20RC|20QR|
  • 300+ hours of dental shadowing
  • 200 hours of volunteering
  • Worked part time (~25 hours) for 5 years
  • One semester of research
  • Huge upward trend in GPA
  • School List: OSU, Pittsburgh, Columbia, UMB, Marquette, Louisville, VCU, Temple, Rutgers, LECOM, Tufts, Howard
What schools should I add/remove?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Drop NYU, unless you want $600,000 in student loans. Paying that off in 20 years will require you to come up with $55,000/year. And, that's after tax money. Which means you'll need to earn almost $70,000/year just for your student loans.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Drop NYU, unless you want $600,000 in student loans. Paying that off in 20 years will require you to come up with $55,000/year. And, that's after tax money. Which means you'll need to earn almost $70,000/year just for your student loans.

Big Hoss
Thanks for the advice!

Your stats are a lot higher than Howards average, I wouldn't apply unless you are a minority. my stats were: 22AA, 21TS, 22PAT, 3.55 sci, 3.67 overall, VA resident, Biochem BS and I never heard back.

Also I applied to Rutgers but had english AP credit, make sure you don't have any that you accepted science/math/english because they don't accept any!

Compared with your list and with my stats I got interviewed at Louisville, VCU (accepted), Tufts (accepted), UMB and will be attending Temple. I think your list is great! Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 users