What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msh2287

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated from a big state school in 2014 with a BS in chemistry, took the DAT in 2015 and got 24 AA/22 TS/22 Bio/22 GC/26 Ochem/27 RC/22 QR/18 PAT, and my GPA is 3.54. After not getting in during the 2016 admissions cycle, I gave up. But after working in pharmaceutical research and then finance, I realized that I really do want to pursue dentistry, and recently started volunteering at my dentist's office again. I want to give it another shot. What are my chances, given that I've been out of school for 4 years now?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you didn't get in the first time. Did you apply broadly? Your DAT is high and your GPA is good. You would have to retake the DAT and take some upper div classes to show you're still competent, but I don't see why you couldn't get in.

Sent from my XT1575 using SDN mobile

I'm about to apply with the exact same stats and now I'm super worried. Why do you think you didn't get in the first time around? How did your interviews go?