Wash U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joe N

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK folks, it's time to lay your cards on the table. I'll accept anything. I'm hoping for some inside information but will accept a rumor, a speculation, or comment.

Who is going to be the new chair at Wash U?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is Dr. Woo, considering all the attention he is getting in the other thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, Steph, you're job hunting right now. Have you thrown your hat into the ring?:eek:

how shall I say this... you could not offer me enough money in the world!

Hey Stephie,

Could you please be more specific... Are you being harsh on Wash U or do you just not want the headache of being a chair? It would also be nice to find out more candidly what you think of the program at Wash U (its strengths, weaknesses, etc).

Thanks for being such a terrific moderator!

flattery will get you everywhere.

Well I meant that I would never want to be a chair- I want to be a doctor and investigator and not deal with such nonsence. You need someone special to do that and to do it well. (which is where JHH is currently very very lucky).

As for Wash U, Ive never been there. The stuff I have hear from people who have recently graduated the program is that its a rough road residency-wise. Many have left for vauge "personal reasons". one resident who is a Naval commander told me his interview there for residency was such to give him similar vibes so he chose elsewhere. But this is nothing I've experienced personally; they are of course a fine institution and will always be highly competitive in this highly competitive field because of their people and history. But given the choice, it may not be the right program for every personality and at very least its reasonable for a resident to see if its a good fit. For others it may be perfect. Youll certainly come out well-trained I'm sure.

So I think really that in terms of strength and weakness with regard to residency style, it may be a case of "one man's meat is another's poison." I think without qualification, the training reputation and personelle are top notch.

allo, give me a PM if you would with a way to contact you.
steph