WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

conchwf

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Date of submission: Late July
Overall GPA: 3.15 (w/ postbacc classes)
Science GPA: 3.02 (w/ postbacc classes)
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 2.94
Post-bacc GPA: 3.85 (30 units)
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 21AA/23PAT/20TS/21BIO/18GC/21OC/25RC/19QR
State of Residence: CA

Major: Bio
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 100 general
Volunteering Experience: 500 volunteer DA at free clinic, 100 volunteer club, 100 pantry/food bank
Employment: 300 peer advisor
Research: no formal experience. only independent study course
Other Extracurriculars: pre-dental club president, e-board for 2 other clubs
Relevant Honors or Awards: 2 community service awards
LOR type and strength: Committee letter, includes 2 science, 1 general dentist, and 1 from previous employer. Positive / Strong
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: First-gen, disadvantaged, southeast asian. Not sure if I should be applying to more schools
School list:
USC
UCLA
Western University
UOP
UCSF
NYU
Boston U
ASDOH
MW-AZ
UNLV
Roseman
you should apply to more schools...

You have the usual suspects on your list (which I'm okay with aside from the pricy schools of USC and NYU, but you have to do what you have to). I would look more towards the midwest depending on what you define as "community" in your mission fit. What advice have you gotten from your prehealth team on schools outside the west coast area? What networking have you done to survey how admissions teams would view your application? Any networking with current dental students?