WAMC with a red-flag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boronew

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: aiming June 1st, 2023
Overall GPA: 3.71
Science GPA:
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
AA 22, TS 23 (BIO 23, GC 25, OC 22), PAT 23, RC 21, QR 20
State of Residence: Maryland

Undergrad Attended: Top 30 school
Major: Chemistry
Minor: Biology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 202 hours (150 hours with general dentists and 52 hours with prosthodontists)
Volunteering Experience: 136 hours - Hospital Elder Life Program. 120 hours - Chemistry Tutor
Employment: Organic Chemistry Lab TA (700$ stipend)
Research: Undergraduate Researcher in a chemistry research lab (about 600 hours). Undergraduate Chemistry Research Symposium (online poster presentation session)
Other Extracurriculars: Involved in the pre-dental club for 4 years (including e-board experiences of serving as a secretary, president, and senior advisor). Played as a striker for club soccer at my college for 3 years. Costume crafting (have my own blog page for Marvel's Ironman suit crafting journey since I was 15)
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's list. Merit Scholarship. Summer Research Fellowship.
LOR type and strength: 2 letters from a physiology professor and a physical chemistry professor (moderate), 1 letter from a religion professor (moderate to strong), and 1 letter from a dentist (moderate). Also gained a health committee letter from my college.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
Was given academic dishonesty for plagiarism on a book review assignment from a religion course (my grade was reduced to C+). For more information about this incident, please check this link: Academic Dishonesty.
School list:

I'm trying to apply to private schools and some public schools that are out-of-state friendly. Below is my current list.
Private Schools:
* University of Southern California
* Boston University
* Tufts University
* Creighton University
* New York University
* Touro College
* Case Western Reserve University
* Roseman University
* University of Pennsylvania
* Western
* LECOME
* Marquette

Public Schools:

* University of Maryland
* University of Connecticut
* Temple University
* Virginia Commonwealth University
* University of Pittsburgh
* Oregon Health Science
* Iowa
* Augusta
* UNLV

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: aiming June 1st, 2023
Overall GPA: 3.71
Science GPA: 3.73
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.73
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA 22, TS 23 (BIO 23, GC 25, OC 22), PAT 23, RC 21, QR 20
State of Residence: Maryland

Undergrad Attended: Top 30 school
Major: Chemistry
Minor: Biology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 202 hours (150 hours with general dentists and 52 hours with prosthodontists)
Volunteering Experience: 136 hours - Hospital Elder Life Program. 120 hours - Chemistry Tutor
Employment: Organic Chemistry Lab TA (700$ stipend)
Research: Undergraduate Researcher in a chemistry research lab (about 600 hours). Undergraduate Chemistry Research Symposium (online poster presentation session)
Other Extracurriculars: Involved in the pre-dental club for 4 years (including e-board experiences of serving as a secretary, president, and senior advisor). Played as a striker for club soccer at my college for 3 years. Costume crafting (have my own blog page for Marvel's Ironman suit crafting journey since I was 15)
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's list. Merit Scholarship. Summer Research Fellowship.
LOR type and strength: 2 letters from a physiology professor and a physical chemistry professor (moderate), 1 letter from a religion professor (moderate to strong), and 1 letter from a dentist (moderate). Also gained a health committee letter from my college.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Was given academic dishonesty for plagiarism on a book review assignment from a religion course (my grade was reduced to C+). For more information about this incident, please check this link: Academic Dishonesty.
School list:
I'm trying to apply to private schools and some public schools that are out-of-state friendly. Below is my current list.
Private Schools:
* University of Southern California
* Boston University
* Tufts University
* Creighton University
* New York University
* Touro College
* Case Western Reserve University
* Roseman University
* University of Pennsylvania
* Western
* LECOME
* Marquette

Public Schools:
* University of Maryland
* University of Connecticut
* Temple University
* Virginia Commonwealth University
* University of Pittsburgh
* Oregon Health Science
* Iowa
* Augusta
* UNLV
list is WAY too long...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
and why would you get letters of rec that are only moderate
I do have good connections with them, but I don’t get to read their letters, so I just wrote moderate

i would target more regionally, eliminate UNLV USC western roseman OHSU LECOM to start.
Thank you for the reply! Can I ask you why I need to delete those schools? Definitely I’m missing something important..

Thank you for the reply! Can I ask you why I need to delete those schools? Definitely I’m missing something important..
USC, Western, OHSU will all be very expensive, USC ballpark 700k on graduation, western ~550-600k. The others aren't regionally close to you, and you'd need to have decent ties to the state. LECOM would be more so of a safety give your stats

Reactions: 1 users
focus
"i would target more regionally"

Reactions: 1 users
USC, Western, OHSU will all be very expensive, USC ballpark 700k on graduation, western ~550-600k. The others aren't regionally close to you, and you'd need to have decent ties to the state. LECOM would be more so of a safety give your stats
Thank you!! It really helpsn

I do have good connections with them, but I don’t get to read their letters, so I just wrote moderate
You can't read the letters unless the relationship you have is so good they give you a copy. Even so, you should have a good idea how strong of a letter or how invested they are in writing your letter.

Reactions: 1 user