WAMC/School List 3.77 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre-med2019

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Apply to all your Florida MD schools. For OOS Md schools I suggest these:
TCU
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Tulane
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Belmont (when it opens)

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to all your Florida MD schools. For OOS Md schools I suggest these:
TCU
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Tulane
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Belmont (when it opens)
Thanks so much. Do you think I should explain my MCAT drop? or leave it as is. In general how do you know if your MCAT is good for a school? close to the median?

Thanks so much. Do you think I should explain my MCAT drop? or leave it as is. In general how do you know if your MCAT is good for a school? close to the median?
Do not draw attention to your MCAT drop. Many schools will average your scores. You have good ECs so those schools that value service may be interested in you.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Your overall application is splendid and you should not have to worry about your MCAT as much. Your current application makes you well mission-fit for schools such as FSU, FIU, and FAU so you most likely will be fine given you submit your secondaries as early as possible.

First off, never, ever draw attention to a negative.

I suggest:
Albany
Drexel
EVMS
Gtown
GWU
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
MCW
NEOMED
Netter
Nova MD
Oakland-B
Rosy Franklin
Rush
SLU
TCU
Temple
Tulane
U VM
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Wake Forest
Wayne State
Your state school.

Any DO program. I can't recommend LMU, SOMA, ARCOM, RVU, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if at all possible. And yes, you'll need DO schools on your list.

First off, never, ever draw attention to a negative.

I suggest:
Albany
Drexel
EVMS
Gtown
GWU
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
MCW
NEOMED
Netter
Nova MD
Oakland-B
Rosy Franklin
Rush
SLU
TCU
Temple
Tulane
U VM
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Wake Forest
Wayne State
Your state school.

Any DO program. I can't recommend LMU, SOMA, ARCOM, RVU, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if at all possible. And yes, you'll need DO schools on your list.
thanks! wouldnt it be very clear that my latest mcat dropped. why not explain what happened on test day

thanks! wouldnt it be very clear that my latest mcat dropped. why not explain what happened on test day
There is no point talking about it unless you're asked directly about it. If you're offered an interview with a school, that means your score (or average of your two scores) was good enough for them to warrant you worthy of taking time to learn more about you. They want to learn things that aren't apparent in your primary application. Why waste your limited interview time trying to explain why your mcat score dropped when you could be using that time emphasizing everything good that you have going on with your application (of which you have a lot, btw) and what you bring to the table as a person?

There is no point talking about it unless you're asked directly about it. If you're offered an interview with a school, that means your score (or average of your two scores) was good enough for them to warrant you worthy of taking time to learn more about you. They want to learn things that aren't apparent in your primary application. Why waste your limited interview time trying to explain why your mcat score dropped when you could be using that time emphasizing everything good that you have going on with your application (of which you have a lot, btw) and what you bring to the table as a person?
Sorry, wasn't too clear. I'm asking why not answer "MCAT question" in the secondary, so hopefully they will put more emphasis on my higher 511 score and will be more inclined to offer a II compared to just seeing 511 to 506 drop with no context.

Adding to above: schools and adcoms are tight-lipped on how they use multiple scores in screens. AAMC prefers that all schools average all attempts. Some will take your best score. Some will take your most recent score. Some will "superscore" and cherry-pick your best subscores. These policies shouldn't change, but few admissions officers or adcom faculty disclose this in public.

Plus with holistic review, a final review is meant to be holistic, so all your scores and their timing is subject to review.

Sorry, wasn't too clear. I'm asking why not answer "MCAT question" in the secondary, so hopefully they will put more emphasis on my higher 511 score and will be more inclined to offer a II compared to just seeing 511 to 506 drop with no context.
Oh, sorry. When I applied, I never had any secondaries where there was even any place to mention anything about MCAT scores or grades, so I assumed you were just talking about discussing it during an interview. Even so, I still don't think it's worth drawing attention to a negative. Yeah, it obviously sucks that your score went from a 511 to a 506 but I genuinely don't think the person reading your application is going to be interested in an explanation for why that happened, regardless of how valid the reason may be. No matter how gifted of a writer you are, you're not going to sway them into putting more emphasis on the better score. I think mentioning it can only hurt you and really won't benefit you much, so my advice would be to not mention it and trust that your overall application shows that you're deserving of an interview. If they ask in the interview, that's when you address it.

Honestly, I would absolutely explain your MCAT drop in your secondaries. I applied last cycle w an MCAT drop and adcoms said that was a huge red flag in my application, and now I’m having to reapply. That’s also a pretty significant drop. If you really want to give yourself the best chance, I would retake your MCAT before you apply, but if you’re set on applying now definitely explain the MCAT in secondaries and apply DO.