WAMC (3.98/521)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amyloidbetahater

Reaction score
  1. cGPA of 3.98 and sGPA fo 3.97
  2. 521 (130/129/132/130)
  3. No state but I am a citizen
  4. South Asian
  5. I go to a T20 school
  6. 300 hours as a MRI volunteer, 200 hours as a surgical admissions volunteer, 100 hours as a hospital concierge and medical interpreter
  7. 1700 hours in one lab with 2 poster presentations and 1 first-author publication. 300 hours in another lab with nothing special
  8. 50 hours with a family doctor, haven't been able to find anyone else :(
  9. 200 hours at a food bank
  10. 100 hours as a hospital volunteer trainer, 200 hours as an executive of a student club, 200 hours as a peer mentor
  11. 5 scholarships across 4 years, 1 research-related award
  12. 500 hours of swimming, 200 hours of hiking
My overall theme for my app is advocating for non-English speakers in medicine. All of my volunteering (including food bank) involve me interpreting for non-English speakers. I also grew up as an ESL student with limited English proficiency. So that's the theme I'm sort of going for, let me know if it's good. The languages are Hindi and Urdu if that helps.

School List:
All T20s (will probably cut this down to only a few, but I don't know how to choose)
Rochester, Minnesota, Tufts, UVA, Rosalind Franklin, Creighton, Hofstra, Drexel, Geisinger, George Washington, Keck, Temple, NYMC, Sidney Kimmel, Penn State, Tulane, Wake Forest.

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need to duplicate.

Reactions: 1 user