MD WAMC? (3.89, 518)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PierreBourne

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
*Removed application details*

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
List looks good. I agree that you need more service to others less fortunate than yourself. Here are some suggestions:
Check out your local houses of worship for volunteer opportunities. Stay off campus and out of your comfort zone!

Examples include: Habitat for Humanity, Ronald McDonald House, Humane Society, crisis hotlines, soup kitchen, food pantry, homeless or women’s shelter, after-school tutoring for students or coaching a sport in a poor school district, teaching literacy or ESL to adults at a community center, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Meals on Wheels, mentoring immigrant/refugee adults, being a friendly visitor to shut-ins, adaptive sports program coach or Special Olympics.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It is still at least seven weeks until Thanksgiving... I predict that you will have at least 3 interview invites by that point and at least one offer by March 1 (Mardi Gras). Good luck! Keep us posted.

Reactions: 1 user
Just as a sidenote from a fellow premed, even one interview is a big achievement and you should be super proud because at the end all it takes is one school. I'm currently also applying this cycle, and I have similarish stats. I don't have any interview invites and on sdn it can be overwhelming seeing people who look like us on paper rolling in interview invites, but just wanted to share you're not alone.

It is still at least seven weeks until Thanksgiving... I predict that you will have at least 3 interview invites by that point and at least one offer by March 1 (Mardi Gras). Good luck! Keep us posted.
I ended up with 2 II, 1 A, and 1 WL - so you were pretty much spot on!! I am really hoping to get off of the WL at Rochester, but either way I am excited :D

• Love
Reactions: 2 users