WAMC? 3.7/518

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ORM, MN resident, first generation, not low SES, T50 public
GPA - 3.7c, 3.4s (i was a stats major for a couple years and that's why its so ass, hugeee upward trend from junior year on.)
MCAT - 518

Clinical - 600 hours scribing with continuation during my gap year, 150 hours volunteering on a BMT unit
Volunteering - clinical above, 500 as a sexual assault crisis advocate. has included hospital visits. will continue during my gap year
Shadowing - 100 hours across 3 specialties, including primary care
Work - I worked all through college. 200 hours as a flu clinic tech, 1500 hours working for a medical school department, also worked as a hostess during the summers to make ends meet
Research - 200 hours in biochem research as a freshman, 500 hours doing bio ed research w/ two poster presentations (so passionate about this), 600 hours of an internship doing biostatistics research into medical disparities
Leadership - 300 hours of greek leadership
Other - 500 hours as a data editor for a niche sport website, student managing for the D1 team of that same sport, and I'm an avid musician who did pep band through all of college
Narrative - I wanted to be a biostatistician studying medical disparities for most of college, but my internship made me realize I want to be on the ground in clinics solving these disparities instead of behind a computer.

school list so far, is this okay and what should I add/remove?
Minnesota
Colorado
Indiana
Boston
Sidney Kimmel
Virginia Commonwealth
Nova SE
Wake Forest
George Washington
University of Illinois
University of Vermont
New York Medical College