WAMC 23-24 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piggyracer

Reaction score
Date of submission: next cycle
Overall GPA: 3.8
Science GPA: 3.78
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.77
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
AA 24, TS 24, PAT 22
State of Residence: International (non-canadian)

Major: cell biology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 120hr general dentist, ~40 another general dentist, 20h ortho,
Volunteering Experience: ~200hr(when applied) crisis line counselor, 100hr hospital volunteer
Employment: ~150hr da part-time over summer
Research: bio lab, done thesis but no poster/pub
Other Extracurriculars:
Relevant Honors or Awards:
LOR type and strength: 1 dentist, 1 lab PI, 2 science prof
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: I've taken several courses pass/fail over the pandemic, including development bio, art, cs, but no prereqs. panicking how schools will perceive it. I feel like I could explain it during interviews but I'm afraid schools would not like it (or I might just be overthinking)

School list:
Temple, Upenn, BU, Tufts, Minnesota,
Umich, Detriot Mercy, Pittsburgh, NYU, Case Western, OSU, OHSU, USC, WesternU, Stony Brook, Midwestern x2,

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think schools will perceive it negatively, but rather they may favor an applicant who took classes A-F instead of pass fail even during the pandemic. But it shouldn’t affect your application. Just make sure the classes you took were during their allotted semesters. Usually spring and fall of 2020-2021 and maybe a semester after. You’d have to check.

I'm also international and looking at your stats, I think you will be fine this cycle. Just make sure that your PS and your interview skills are on point and I think you are in a good spot. Gluck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think schools will perceive it negatively, but rather they may favor an applicant who took classes A-F instead of pass fail even during the pandemic. But it shouldn’t affect your application. Just make sure the classes you took were during their allotted semesters. Usually spring and fall of 2020-2021 and maybe a semester after. You’d have to check.
thanks!

I'm also international and looking at your stats, I think you will be fine this cycle. Just make sure that your PS and your interview skills are on point and I think you are in a good spot. Gluck!
thank you!