WAMC 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FL2023

Reaction score
WAMC

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
WAMC
Overall GPA: 3.4
Science GPA: 3.3
DAT score:
- 19AA/20TS (19BIO 22GC 21OC 18PAT 17QR 18RC)
State of Residence: FL

Major: Biology
Minority? asian/latino
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 240 hours with GD
Volunteering Experience: 50 hours(coalition for homeless) + 54 hours (library) + 20 hours (second harvest food bank)
Employment: 600 hours as a food service employee, 128 dental office aid, 300 dental assistant (endodontics)
Research: none
Certifications/training:
certified dental assistant, dental radiographer license, HIPPA compliance certified, CPR certified
LOR: 2 from science professors, 1 from GD, 1 from employer (endodontist)
Misc Info/Red Flags:

- I received a C+ in Gen chem 1

Schools
1. Boston University
2. Temple
3. Tufts
4. NOVA
5. UIC
6. Ohio State
your list needs to be at least doubled
average matriculant has a 3.55 GPA and 20.5 DAT, so you are below average on both...

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed. Should add LECOM to the list as well and might not hurt to try your chances with UF, you stand best possibility of staying in state. If you’re going east coast schools, throw Touro and NYU to the list. Maybe Creighton and case western also for Midwest. Do a little more research, however, I would aim for 10-12 schools to have a decent shot. Stats would be holding you back since your below average for both GPA and DAT for matriculants. ECs seem alright. What do you plan on saying for displaying hand eye coordination to offset low PAT?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. Should add LECOM to the list as well and might not hurt to try your chances with UF, you stand best possibility of staying in state. If you’re going east coast schools, throw Touro and NYU to the list. Maybe Creighton and case western also for Midwest. Do a little more research, however, I would aim for 10-12 schools to have a decent shot. Stats would be holding you back since your below average for both GPA and DAT for matriculants. ECs seem alright. What do you plan on saying for displaying hand eye coordination to offset low PAT?
I have 2 years of experience playing piano, 1year experience playing cello, 9years playing violin, I knit, paint and sew as well as spent 3 summers taking pottery classes

Reactions: 1 users