Ventricular shunts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WheezyBaby

RSV Fomite
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I routinely care for kids with shunts and feel like I need to flesh out my knowledge in this area. Does anyone have a good article or chapter they'd be willing to point me toward as far as types of shunts and valves, risk stratification for malfunction and infection, overdrainage, etc? Obviously I know something about all of these areas, but I'd love to be a bit more informed in my discussions with you guys.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I routinely care for kids with shunts and feel like I need to flesh out my knowledge in this area. Does anyone have a good article or chapter they'd be willing to point me toward as far as types of shunts and valves, risk stratification for malfunction and infection, overdrainage, etc? Obviously I know something about all of these areas, but I'd love to be a bit more informed in my discussions with you guys.

Thanks!

It’s very useful and gives a good overview of the different types/models of shunts.

Reactions: 1 users