Using DPM for Non-Podiatry Stuff!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm just gonna complete PGY-1, get the MD badge, and transfer over to another residency at an undesirable location that needs a spot filled for low level specialty like pathology or primary care n call it a day. Its disheartening knowing Caribbean MD is still worth than US trained DPM

I would definitely look into podiatric pathology. That way when you’re done clipping the patients toenails you can take a look at the clippings under a microscope to confirm the toenail fungus.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think he meant he was going to have hospital security print an MD badge, then show up to work one day at a Path/MD residency and hope no one notices for 3 years

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
...Its disheartening knowing Caribbean MD is still worth [more] than US trained DPM
Tons of ppl who get into DPM school would have little or no chance to into - much less graduate - Caribb MD school.

There is also the minor issue of USMLE.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna complete PGY-1, get the MD badge, and transfer over to another residency at an undesirable location that needs a spot filled for low level specialty like pathology or primary care n call it a day. Its disheartening knowing Caribbean MD is still worth than US trained DPM
You still need a MD or DO. If you really want that MD... Oceania University of Medicine - only hybrid school in the world. You can complete the non clinical stuff while working.

Reactions: 1 user
You still need a MD or DO. If you really want that MD... Oceania University of Medicine - only hybrid school in the world. You can complete the non clinical stuff while working.
and practice as a podiatrist in America Samoa at the same time.....with eventual full reciprocity to Utah.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users