UNTHSC/TCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone notice "Status information will be updated after the February 1st match." update as their status on my.unt.edu ?

My status has changed to this as well.

So.Scared.

Early congrats to slammer if it indeed is true (which it is likely to be!)

Members don't see this ad.

My status has changed to this as well.

So.Scared.

Early congrats to slammer if it indeed is true (which it is likely to be!)

Does your status list outstanding items?

I just checked mine and it only shows

"Status information will be updated after the February 1st match." :(

Does your status list outstanding items?

I just checked mine and it only shows

"Status information will be updated after the February 1st match." :(

No, mine only shows the one line as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
How odd. Maybe this is a sign that you are going to match there and they are wanting you to update them with your final transcript?

This seriously looks like you are accepted... But that is just my guess. Mine does not say anything like this. If they wanted you to update your grades they would want it through TMDSAS, they would not ask for a direct official transcript, this is usually something they want after you are accepted. Interesting... :) Yay for you, maybe!

Mine also has a list asking for final transcripts. I'm also just going to guess that it could be a good sign for you slammer! If so, congrats from me as well :)

We'll maybe I left out the part that I've already prematched - sorry guys. I was just curious to why I would have to resend my transcripts when the ones I already sent to TMDSAS were all finalized (since i graduated DEC 09).

It be more interesting if panasonic had these requests for updates and didnt prematch... then that would be a really good sign.

We'll maybe I left out the part that I've already prematched - sorry guys. I was just curious to why I would have to resend my transcripts when the ones I already sent to TMDSAS were all finalized (since i graduated DEC 09).

It be more interesting if panasonic had these requests for updates and didnt prematch... then that would be a really good sign.

You just made me feel a lot better slammer! Thanks for clarifying. :D

What's your #1?

You just made me feel a lot better slammer! Thanks for clarifying. :D

What's your #1?

Yes thank you GlamDoc and slammer I was starting to get a bit worried.

If you could confirm Panasonic would be greatly appreciated :)

I'm in the UNTHSC med sci program right now and got the acceptance call yesterday afternoon!! Congrats to everyone that got a pre-match offer!!

Confirmed for panasonic =P

Relax people, you'll have to wait until tueday anways :D

haha thank you FryLaurie! Yes, I already pre-matched.

And slammer, maybe they want a final transcript sent directly to the school? I graduated from undergrad in Dec 09 as well. I'm on campus right now so I'll ask them really quick before leaving today.

Edit: Ok I just stopped by the office. They want all final, paper transcripts sent directly to them. The ones sent to TMDSAS don't suffice. Guess this means a few more dollars to spend!

Last edited:
Yeah I think every medical school wants your real transcripts for their files once you know you are going there. I wouldn't worry about it until after the match though unless you are 100% on TCOM.

Guys, any idea what that status means! are we in the list for match on Feb!!!!!

Guys, any idea what that status means! are we in the list for match on Feb!!!!!

Yup it means your "Status information will be updated after the February 1st match"

Members don't see this ad :)
haha thank you FryLaurie! Yes, I already pre-matched.

And slammer, maybe they want a final transcript sent directly to the school? I graduated from undergrad in Dec 09 as well. I'm on campus right now so I'll ask them really quick before leaving today.

Edit: Ok I just stopped by the office. They want all final, paper transcripts sent directly to them. The ones sent to TMDSAS don't suffice. Guess this means a few more dollars to spend!

I thought that was the case. Thanks brah

Good luck everyone. See you all in the Fall.

Last edited:
Hi Slammer:

What I meant was " that status message" means can be expect that we may be on the match list...Hope and Pray that be true..........:):xf:

Good luck to everyone hoping for a TCOM match tomorrow!! I can't wait to see the flood of my future classmates on here! :luck: :luck:

Ick! TCOM status site has my status up already! I'm waitlisted at TCOM.... Ugh. I'm feeling like crap about this...

Ick! TCOM status site has my status up already! I'm waitlisted at TCOM.... Ugh. I'm feeling like crap about this...

Match results are up on TMDSAS already
Good Luck

Mine says the same thing. TMDSAS seems to only be showing matches for people with pre-match offers, so it seems very likely to be because the match results are not ready yet which might be why TCOM is showing us as waitlisted since TMDSAS hasn't released all the results yet. This is just my theory, but I wouldn't give up all hope just yet!

I'm sure this is some kind of glitch. Surely TCOM can't post match/waitlist results before TMDSAS does. It looks like only those of us who prematched somewhere are showing a match on TMDSAS. Go to bed and/or drink heavily and check again at 8am.

I'm sure this is some kind of glitch. Surely TCOM can't post match/waitlist results before TMDSAS does. It looks like only those of us who prematched somewhere are showing a match on TMDSAS. Go to bed and/or drink heavily and check again at 8am.

That makes sense and I hope it's true. I did pre-match at TCOM. and while I'm very happy to have gotten one and would not mind coming here at all, I ranked a couple of schools higher. But it says on TMDSAS that I matched at TCOM. Hopefully the real results aren't out yet and one of you guys can get my spot...

Well, good luck to everyone!

I hope to see you guys in the coming months! :thumbup:

Don't forget to join the TCOM 2015 facebook group.

Cheers,
-Mike

First post ever but happy to say that I've been accepted! :)

Good luck, everyone!

For those of you that have been accepted, how did you find out? Through TMDSAS? What does your application status on the UNTHSC website say?

Congrats guys!!

For those of you that have been accepted, how did you find out? Through TMDSAS? What does your application status on the UNTHSC website say?

Congrats guys!!
From both. I checked the UNTHSC website first and it said, "Congratulations! You have been accepted. A formal offer of admission will be sent by U.S. Mail."

Thank you! :)

What do you guys think "Your application is under review" mean? I have this on my application status.

Matched :)

Has anyone who has matched received any emails or acceptance info yet?

hey i pre-matched here but never received an email. i got a letter in the mail though...

Yeah I prematched, they never sent any emails just mail conformation. And there wasn't much of anything info wise, just a letter.

How well does TCOM prepare us for the USMLE?? I'm really nervous about this... Like Tone, I also prematched here but had ranked a few schools higher, but ended up with TCOM.
I'm very happy to have an acceptance nonetheless! :)

How well does TCOM prepare us for the USMLE?? I'm really nervous about this... Like Tone, I also prematched here but had ranked a few schools higher, but ended up with TCOM.

I don't think this is something that you should worry about. I don't remember the exact figures, but during the interview day they showed a slide that said TCOM students had a 92 or 95% pass rate on the USMLE, which was a few percentage points higher than the Texas allopathic schools' average. TCOM is a badass school when compared to both other DO schools AND to MD schools, and they're going to prepare us very well. I'm so excited :D

PS, congrats to everyone who matched today! I thought more people would be posting on here, but oh well!

Yeah I prematched, they never sent any emails just mail conformation. And there wasn't much of anything info wise, just a letter.

Slammer, I got pre-matched as well. When that took place, the school called me (and I think emailed too) then sent a snail-mail letter. I will say this though... I'm a student at UNTHSC right now (I came here early to work on a MPH degree beforehand), it snowed really bad in Fort Worth last night, icing up the roads. As a result, they closed down the campus for the day (and probably most of the week). Thus, there is no one at school right now; which I'm sure is effecting whatever the admission's office was planning on doing to get ahold of you guys who matched today.
I'm sure they will call or send you something when the roads clear up (might take till friday though. I'll keep you guys posted).

http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/tcom/Calendar.cfm

Orientation was from Jul 19-23 last year.

Well it's good to have you, ApeMcdoug.
As for your question, I will attempt to answer it; TCOM will go through as much, if not more, information as any other medical school (in and outside of TX). As is true with any school, the real onus will be on you, and you alone, to put the effort in and learn the concepts. If you do this, you will do great on both the COMLEX and USMLE (if you feel you need to take it), and subsequently be able to go anywhere you wish.

PS, congrats to everyone who matched today! I thought more people would be posting on here, but oh well!

Wrigley, me too (thinking more people would be on here posting). Any result... I'm glad to finally get a (albeit limited) look at my classmates. :thumbup:

same boat as a few of you who prematched..

but still, accepted =]

maybe see u guys next semester :thumbup:

hey i'm really sorry if this has been asked before in this thread, but does anyone know what the typical weekly schedule is like for 1st and 2nd year students here?

I've heard that they prepare you pretty well. The pass rates for the USMLE are very impressive! I'm sure we'll be fine as long as we put in the effort necessary :)

hey i'm really sorry if this has been asked before in this thread, but does anyone know what the typical weekly schedule is like for 1st and 2nd year students here?

I couldn't find any schedules online from the past 2 years, but I have a friend who is an M2 right now. I can ask her to see if she still has her M1 schedule. I'll post it here if she does have it.

I couldn't find any schedules online from the past 2 years, but I have a friend who is an M2 right now. I can ask her to see if she still has her M1 schedule. I'll post it here if she does have it.

thanks so much!

I heard the 1st/2nd year schedule is brutal. I don't think we really wanna know how bad it is until we get there.

p.s - join the facebook page, there's some good bonding going on over there