University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how many people were invited to interview this year?

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an acceptance email from OU.:soexcited::highfive:

Last edited:
You'll be more than fine. Just keep it up and keep ourselves busy with other items to not let the anticipation drive us insane...lol.

Yep. Just trying to finish the Spring and hoping to hear something by the end of the week. The anticipation is a killer

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! :D

Who else is in OKC?

Those of you waitlisted, did you interview the 13th or 14th?

I interviewed on the 14th as well.... Seemed like it went well. I'm guessing so far I was just a bit too late...

I interviewed on the 13th, it was my very first interview in my whole life......I guess I didn't do well enough. Anyway, I had another interview at Texas Tech the next day and I am confident I did a lot better. I will still wait on OU though......

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone who recently got accepted attending the Tulsa Campus ??? :D

I will be in OKC.

Hi Travis- I will be in Tulsa too :oops: I'm Lindsay! I interviewed In Tulsa in December.

I got accepted!!!
I want to cry now....

I will be in Tulsa campus!

waitlisted.... boo! oh well I'm still hopeful!

Hey guys! Good to see so many people applying to OU! I figured since things were slow, I would ask a few questions to get some info on the applicant pool (at least as its represented here).

Did anyone apply with only CC credits? Or do you all have degrees?

Who is from OK, and who is out of state?

Where did you guys place on the PCAT?

Did anyone interview in Tulsa, or were all the interviews in OKC?

Thanks in advanace for all the info!

I do not have a degree. I have a lot of hours and many upper level classes. I am from Oklahoma, and I interviewed in Tulsa. I really liked the campus and am excited to start. I got a 64 on the PCAT. I got accepted last month :)

I got accepted!!!
I want to cry now....

I will be in Tulsa campus!

I'm tulsa campus as well. Yay! Congratulations. I'll join the facebook group as well. My name is Latosha Zugelder if you want to find me.

Sure, I will try to be there tonight. Can't use facebook at work. :(
I'm tulsa campus as well. Yay! Congratulations. I'll join the facebook group as well. My name is Latosha Zugelder if you want to find me.

Man , I got waitlisted too. I interviewed on the 14th......All the wait for the past 2 weeks led to be waitlisted. I am loosing hope now :(

Man , I got waitlisted too. I interviewed on the 14th......All the wait for the past 2 weeks led to be waitlisted. I am loosing hope now :(

Don't lose hope Waitlisters! People will always give up seats through out the process. I can tell you right now if I get accepted to my in-state school I will go there because it will save me a ton of money and I won't have to move. So just hope I get in so one more seat will open up. :xf:

Last year I had a friend who was 13th on a waitlist and got in. DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!

Don't lose hope Waitlisters! People will always give up seats through out the process. I can tell you right now if I get accepted to my in-state school I will go there because it will save me a ton of money and I won't have to move. So just hope I get in so one more seat will open up. :xf:

Last year I had a friend who was 13th on a waitlist and got in. DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!

I agree with Hilary. If I get accepted to Texas (interviewed there today), there will be a second seat available for those on the waitlist. I can almost confirm another possible free seat from a friend applying to Texas so that's three. Don't lose hope...

Do any local Okies know of a good area to live in OKC?
I'm looking for a house (approx 3br) which would have a backyard for a dog and preferably not further than 10miles away from campus.
If someone could let me know of some safe (low-crime) neighborhoods, it would be greatly appreciated.
Alternatively, if you could name some places which to avoid, it would be just as appreciated :)

Cheers

How does the waitlist system work? The email Ms. Richardson send out had something that all applicants are evaluated when a seat is available. So I am assuming there is no numbering, its just everybody is re evaluated and then given a seat............

Do any local Okies know of a good area to live in OKC?
I'm looking for a house (approx 3br) which would have a backyard for a dog and preferably not further than 10miles away from campus.
If someone could let me know of some safe (low-crime) neighborhoods, it would be greatly appreciated.
Alternatively, if you could name some places which to avoid, it would be just as appreciated :)

Cheers

there are a lot of nice areas, along Classen Blvd and Western paseo, western heights, putman heights. They are older and you have to do your homework. NW OKC would be your best bet to stay within 10 miles of campus.

Nw okc is probably the safest. The closer to campus the more dangerous. Howevwr, The rush hour drive from nw okc to campus could take up to one hour.

Do we wait until the formal acceptance is sent out before we can accept and pay our deposits?

Nw okc is probably the safest. The closer to campus the more dangerous. However, The rush hour drive from nw okc to campus could take up to one hour.

If you are wanting to be in the suburbs then the closest are Moore, Edmond, Yukon, and far Northwest OKC. All of these will be about 20 to 30 minutes to campus and maybe longer. The only reason you would need to live in the suburbs is if you had kids or you are really safety conscious.
I own a house in Edmond and I am not sure but I think it is about 30 minutes in rush hour traffic. The village is a good place to live if you do not have kids. There are alot of apartments off memorial in NW OKC and that area has alot of shopping and restaurants.

How does the waitlist system work? The email Ms. Richardson send out had something that all applicants are evaluated when a seat is available. So I am assuming there is no numbering, its just everybody is re evaluated and then given a seat............

It was a different school that had a ranked waiting list, and it was a school that only took 60 students.

I interviewed February 26. I had no idea how small the pharmacy class was going to be for OU. I feel extremely privileged to have had an interview, but now I'm very frightened to have gone last. There were about 32 people there that day. How big were the other interview sessions?:confused:

I interviewed February 26. I had no idea how small the pharmacy class was going to be for OU. I feel extremely privileged to have had an interview, but now I'm very frightened to have gone last. There were about 32 people there that day. How big were the other interview sessions?:confused:

I figured that out too that late interivew was not a good idea. I interviewed 1/14 and I am waitlisted. If you are from OK, then you have some advantage. The were about 30ish poeple on the 1/14 interview.

Earlier interviews I think had a lots of people, morning and evening sessions. They were notified within 2 business days!

When did they say the admissions committee going to meet next? I am still waiting!:confused: