University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They will not be closed tomorrow. The weather here isn't even that bad. I am surprised we even got today off. I won't complain if we actually get tomorrow off, but I'm not holding my breath.

Good to hear. I looked at some webcams from the local news and the ground didn't even seem to have anything on it. I'm sure there was freezing rain though, and in an area with few plows... that's all it takes.

Members don't see this ad.

It's Friday today! I still hope we can get good news even the chances are small.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm stuck on this thread more than my e-mail. Every time it gets updated I have to see what other people have said.
Hopefully we'll be in luck folks :) :xf:

As long as that folder is in the accepted pile, I dont mind waiting!:laugh:

But it's still better to hear good news and start to celebrate as early as possible! I've planned several parties already! :)
It will be my best B-day gift then! :xf:

This is the only school I applied. I didn't apply for the weatherford one. :(

As long as that folder is in the accepted pile, I dont mind waiting!:laugh:

Well I guess that is it for this week. Maybe sometime next week.:confused:

SWOSU - Waiting :confused:
University of Oklahoma - Interviewed 01/13/11 Waiting :confused:

We still have 1 hour and 22mins.

We can always hope. In my experience not very much gets done after 4PM on Friday. The people at OU-COP are most likely talking about what they will be doing this weekend. They are happily oblivious to our suffering.

No hope now. You guys have a great weekend! :)

We can always hope. In my experience not very much gets done after 4PM on Friday. The people at OU-COP are most likely talking about what they will be doing this weekend. They are happily oblivious to our suffering.

Thanks for the information. I guess you are a mom per your ID. I'm also a working mom. :)
I'm more concerned about my interview.
Here is my status:
I have a master degree in Biology.
Pharmacy experience: volunteered for more than 50 hours. (I passed the national PTCB exam but couldn't get a PharmTech job :mad:)
Overall GPA: 3.54
Pre-requisite GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 4.0
TOEFL (test of english as foreign language): 103 (total is 120 and they require 79 as minimum)
PCAT
Biology: 91
Chemistry: 81
Quantitative: 93
Verbal: 36
Reading: 29
Writing 3.0/2.5
Composite: 76

Yes, I don't think you have to worry about your stats..lol! They are great! Yes, I have a seven year old son, and I have been married seven years. I work as a pharmacy technician (5 years all together) and go to school full-time. I know what you go through, and it is hard to play all the roles, but I wouldn't have it any other way :). I actually graduated from OU Independent Learning High School, because it allowed me to stay home with my son (I had him my junior year of high school) and finish high school (and get an acredited diploma.) So, I'm ecstatic about going to OU for pharmacy school now! Good luck to you and I hope you get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
For sure man...so wait which date did you interview? The 13th or 14th? lol

I interviewed on the 14th..

Here is my little math: People who interviewed last month on saturday were notified following tuesday....it took them 2 days to make a decision (monday and tuesday)..

This time there are 2 rounds the 13th, and the 14th. So it sohuld take them 4 days... However last week we had 5 - 2 (Martin Luther HOliday and Snow storm day) = 3..So tomorrow is our fourth day...Hopefully!:xf:

Nice! Well let's see if the math is correct! I interviewed the day before but let's see what the verdict is tomorrow! =P Have a good night and keep those fingers crossed! :xf:

Here is my little math: People who interviewed last month on saturday were notified following tuesday....it took them 2 days to make a decision (monday and tuesday)..

This time there are 2 rounds the 13th, and the 14th. So it sohuld take them 4 days... However last week we had 5 - 2 (Martin Luther HOliday and Snow storm day) = 3..So tomorrow is our fourth day...Hopefully!:xf:

Good luck this week (hopefully today) to all those closely monitoring this forum :xf:

Thank you so much, kikizmom. :)
I think you are much younger than me. I know it's not easy to be a working mom plus schooling at the same time. You are great! I feel lucky that my in-laws help us a lot. My mom will also be here in April to live with us and help me 24/7. It wont' be too tough for me then. :D

Yes, I don't think you have to worry about your stats..lol! They are great! Yes, I have a seven year old son, and I have been married seven years. I work as a pharmacy technician (5 years all together) and go to school full-time. I know what you go through, and it is hard to play all the roles, but I wouldn't have it any other way :). I actually graduated from OU Independent Learning High School, because it allowed me to stay home with my son (I had him my junior year of high school) and finish high school (and get an acredited diploma.) So, I'm ecstatic about going to OU for pharmacy school now! Good luck to you and I hope you get in!

hoho.
Good job on math. :thumbup:

Almost lunch time out in Oklahoma... Still no word. Beginning to think we won't know til Friday of this week.

It is hard to say when we would hear. I looked at the thread for last years applicants and they interviewed on the 13th and found out they were accepted sometime in the afternoon on the 19th. But this year also had interviews on the 14th also, so there is no way of knowing how that will effect things.

Somehow it means that they do want the top candidates get their acceptance as early as possible so they can get the feedback early. We still have hope to get good news this week!
:xf:

It is hard to say when we would hear. I looked at the thread for last years applicants and they interviewed on the 13th and found out they were accepted sometime in the afternoon on the 19th. But this year also had interviews on the 14th also, so there is no way of knowing how that will effect things.

I know no one else has found out, but it feels like each day that goes by my chances of getting in are becoming smaller and smaller :( I just want to find out one way or the other!

I know no one else has found out, but it feels like each day that goes by my chances of getting in are becoming smaller and smaller :( I just want to find out one way or the other!
I think it's safe to say that if no one else has found out, your chances aren't getting any smaller.
However, I do want to find out whatever the outcome may be.

I think it's safe to say that if no one else has found out, your chances aren't getting any smaller.
However, I do want to find out whatever the outcome may be.

Haha I was just saying that's how I feel for whatever reason (even though I know they aren't). Here's to tomorrow:xf:

Haha I was just saying that's how I feel for whatever reason (even though I know they aren't). Here's to tomorrow:xf:

I'm beginning to think that getting the news by the end of this week might be optimistic

Last edited:
I am starting to think it will be 3 to 4 weeks like they said.

Hey guys! Good to see so many people applying to OU! I figured since things were slow, I would ask a few questions to get some info on the applicant pool (at least as its represented here).

Did anyone apply with only CC credits? Or do you all have degrees?

Who is from OK, and who is out of state?

Where did you guys place on the PCAT?

Did anyone interview in Tulsa, or were all the interviews in OKC?

Thanks in advanace for all the info!

I interviewed on the 13th so 3 weeks will be next Thursday. In the grand scheme of things that is a very short time.

I have a B.S. in Biology

Oklahoma Resident

PCAT 64

OKC interview 1/13

M.S. Chemistry

Texas Resident

PCAT: 89

OKC interview Jan. 13th

Hey guys! Good to see so many people applying to OU! I figured since things were slow, I would ask a few questions to get some info on the applicant pool (at least as its represented here).

Did anyone apply with only CC credits? Or do you all have degrees?

Who is from OK, and who is out of state?

Where did you guys place on the PCAT?

Did anyone interview in Tulsa, or were all the interviews in OKC?

Thanks in advanace for all the info!

Jr., working toward Bio degree

Texas resident

GPA: 3.84

PCAT: 77

OKC Jan 13th. (I was in your group armor)

B.S in Athletic Training

88 on PCAT

3.93 GPA in Pre-Reqs

Interviewed at OKC on the 14th

From Indiana

77 PCAT

4.0 GPA (but only a junior burger getting the pre-reqs).

International student (f-1 visa). Happy Australia Day Y'all!

Interviewed on the morning session of Jan 13th.

OU would be sweet to get into though :-D

77 PCAT

4.0 GPA (but only a junior burger getting the pre-reqs).

International student (f-1 visa). Happy Australia Day Y'all!

Interviewed on the morning session of Jan 13th.

OU would be sweet to get into though :-D

Hi there! I was in your group on interview day... the one with the basenjis :)
I am dying to find out something. Surely, we'll hear something by Friday. Did that other school give you an extension?

Hi there! I was in your group on interview day... the one with the basenjis :)
I am dying to find out something. Surely, we'll hear something by Friday. Did that other school give you an extension?
Yeah, my deposit at MWU was due on the 21st, got an extension to the 28th. So I'm hoping we hear by Friday.
I don't know why you're fretting. 6 years in retail is pretty much a shoe-in. I hope to see you again in August :D

Two weeks and counting. We should all know by the 10th or 11th of February.

Yep. Just trying to finish the Spring and hoping to hear something by the end of the week. The anticipation is a killer

What's up bro?!? You're currently at Denton correct?

Did anyone apply with only CC credits? Or do you all have degrees? Just CC credits

Who is from OK, and who is out of state? Out of state- Utah

Where did you guys place on the PCAT? 77

Did anyone interview in Tulsa, or were all the interviews in OKC? I interviewed at the OKC campus on 12/11 and got accepted 12/14

There seem to be a lot of out of state applicants. Fifty percent of my interview group were out of state. The majority of the people on this forum appear to be out of state. The question is, does being out of state have a affect on your chances of being accepted or does it just affect your tuition. It does have an effect on your chances of being accepted to SWOSU which they state on their website. Last year 80% of the students that were accepted to OU were in state. On their PharmCas profile page http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolOklahomapage.htm it states that OU has a preference for in state students. There is no statement in any of their literature that there is a bias toward in state though.

Last edited:
Fall 2010 Admission Statistics

Average age: 25

Pre-requisite GPA: 3.52
Overall GPA: 3.44
Last 60 hours: 3.45
Science GPA: 3.30
Non-science GPA: 3.63
Overall completed hours: 114
63% have completed a bachelor's degree or above.

PCAT Composite: 73

Class Total: 115
OKC: 83
Tulsa: 32

OK Resident: 92 (80%)
Non-Resident: 23 (20%)

Female: 59 (51%)
Male: 56 (49%)

37% minorities

The question is do they have to admit no less than 80% in state students or do they make a un-biased choice based on the applicant pool. If the 50% of the highly qualified applicants are out of state will they admit 50% out of state students?

If there is a maximum threshold of 20% out of state students and there is a maximum class size of 120 students, then that would mean that there would only be 24 spots for out of state students.

They are not posting 2009 stats any more but I think the percent of out of state students was about 20-25%.

Last edited:
Did anyone apply with only CC credits? Or do you all have degrees? Just CC credits

Who is from OK, and who is out of state? Out of state- Utah

Where did you guys place on the PCAT? 77

Did anyone interview in Tulsa, or were all the interviews in OKC? I interviewed at the OKC campus on 12/11 and got accepted 12/14

Thanks for the info!

Good to see OU looks highly upon CC credits!

Congrats on your acceptance! Hopefully I will be one year behind you.

Fall 2010 Admission Statistics

Average age: 25

Pre-requisite GPA: 3.52
Overall GPA: 3.44
Last 60 hours: 3.45
Science GPA: 3.30
Non-science GPA: 3.63
Overall completed hours: 114
63% have completed a bachelor's degree or above.

PCAT Composite: 73

Class Total: 115
OKC: 83
Tulsa: 32

OK Resident: 92 (80%)
Non-Resident: 23 (20%)

Female: 59 (51%)
Male: 56 (49%)

37% minorities

The question is do they have to admit no less than 80% in state students or do they make a un-biased choice based on the applicant pool. If the 50% of the highly qualified applicants are out of state will they admit 50% out of state students?

If there is a maximum threshold of 20% out of state students and there is a maximum class size of 120 students, then that would mean that there would only be 24 spots for out of state students.

They are not posting 2009 stats any more but I think the percent of out of state students was about 20-25%.
These are the stats for the folks who eventually attend OU.

I think you also have to take into consideration people who were accepted into OU (out-of-state folks), and later they get accepted into a school in their own state.
The difference between resident and non-resident is $17k in tuition for 3 years, and $21k in the 4th year ($72,000 over 4 years). Which is enough to pursuade anyone to attend an in-state school.

This is what another school told me when I questioned them and their acceptance policy (no preference to in-state folks). Their stats are even more mind-boggling:
1161 applicants - 74% out-of-state, 24% in-state
160 accepted students - 90% attended an in-state school, 10% attended an out-of-state school.

I'm out-of-state; out-of-nation actually. So, it doesn't matter to me where I go. I'll be paying out-of-state regardless.