University of Cincinnati Fall 2011 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
everyone who is accepted and plans to attend UC in the fall, join our facebook group! (name give above)! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to say that I just got my acceptance and can confirm UC is giving very fast turn around times (interviewed Friday and accepted Monday).

Are you there on Jan 28? and got accepted on 31th?
cong!!!

Just wanted to say that I just got my acceptance and can confirm UC is giving very fast turn around times (interviewed Friday and accepted Monday).

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone provide some comments on what they thought about UC's facility (classrooms and labs)? I put my interview off as long as possible. I probably won't be able to move to go there and already have paid deposits at 2 other schools. However, I am contemplating going to the interview on Saturday just to see the building.

does anyone know when they're finished interviewing applicants? i know the website says jan-march, but does anyone have any specific dates? i interviewed back on jan 14. since i've yet to hear anything, i'm guessing i'm on the verge of being waitlisted depending on which applicants accept seats during the remaining interview slots.

does anyone know when they're finished interviewing applicants? i know the website says jan-march, but does anyone have any specific dates? i interviewed back on jan 14. since i've yet to hear anything, i'm guessing i'm on the verge of being waitlisted depending on which applicants accept seats during the remaining interview slots.

I interviewed on the 21st and Ive also yet to hear back. I am assuming we are the unlucky bunch or wait list material. However, when I was talking to my tour guides they said they didnt hear back until spring break, so there is still some hope, no matter how small.

The building is ok. Don't get me wrong, I really love this school though and am sending in my deposit but the lecture halls for the first year students are just "fine." They do have a different lecture hall for the upper level students that is much nicer and the labs are updated as well. Considering the pharmacy building has not been updated, the facilities are great. Also, the library across the street is amazing. Overall, the program at UC outweighs any lack of facilities they might have.

The building is ok. Don't get me wrong, I really love this school though and am sending in my deposit but the lecture halls for the first year students are just "fine." They do have a different lecture hall for the upper level students that is much nicer and the labs are updated as well. Considering the pharmacy building has not been updated, the facilities are great. Also, the library across the street is amazing. Overall, the program at UC outweighs any lack of facilities they might have.

Thanks for answering my question. It broke my heart but I ended up declining the interview. I just love UC. I have a degree from the UC College of Engineering and will always think of myself as a Bearcat! When I started working on the pharmacy pre-reqs, I always wanted to go to UC and assumed that I would. Well, I am now living out-of-state and moving back for pharmacy school would be too costly. My house value has dropped alot and it would be too big of a loss to take. I'm not even sure if I could sell it. I've been accepted to a school that is within driving distance from my house and the school is tied with UC in the national rankings and seems to offer the same advantages, so I have decided to be practical despite my love for UC and the city of Cincinnati. The school I am going to has adequate facilities but not awesome, so I was curious to see what the UC Pharmacy facilities were like in comparison. I decided to end my torture and didn't go to the interview.

Good Luck there! I wish I were going to be one of your classmates!

has anyone heard from UC in the last few week?
Are they still interviewing students and making decisions?
I did not see any new post at all recently.

I was wondering the same thing... I know they are done interviewing. The last interviews were feb 5th. I haven't heard anything from them.. which i'm assuming is bad news. :(

When I was at my interview (Jan 28), the two students giving the tour each found out in March that they got in. I believe that is when a majority of students find out (the ones who find out sooner are considered to be "the best of the best"). Also it is under my impression that if you are waitlisted, they notify you around the beginning of April

The Admissions Committee is doing a new process this year (I know someone on it). They use a point system and rank candidates based on a three-tier ranking. Excellent, Good, and Unsatisfactory. They offer all candidates who score an Excellent immediate acceptance (they did not do that last year). If you score good, they "wait". From there, they determine everyones rank and give them a number (waitlist #). Those that essentially bomb the interview either get rejected or put at the way bottom of the list. I know that about 75 people have already been offered acceptances/accepted the offer. Which leaves about 21 more spots for the people in the "good category", which should be sent out soon. Last year, they waited late on everyone and I think they got screwed over on a few people they really wanted, so they changed their admissions timing policy for this year. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
The Admissions Committee is doing a new process this year (I know someone on it). They use a point system and rank candidates based on a three-tier ranking. Excellent, Good, and Unsatisfactory. They offer all candidates who score an Excellent immediate acceptance (they did not do that last year). If you score good, they "wait". From there, they determine everyones rank and give them a number (waitlist #). Those that essentially bomb the interview either get rejected or put at the way bottom of the list. I know that about 75 people have already been offered acceptances/accepted the offer. Which leaves about 21 more spots for the people in the "good category", which should be sent out soon. Last year, they waited late on everyone and I think they got screwed over on a few people they really wanted, so they changed their admissions timing policy for this year. Good Luck!

They already offered spots to 75 people?!? Oh man, that doesn't bode well for the rest of us that haven't heard anything.

yea but that doesn't mean they all accepted right?? I'm sure some people won't accept the offer.. well at least i hope.

I think that means they just sent in their deposit. A lot of people send in deposits to more than one school...

Cincy needs to send me something, this not knowing is driving me insane.

I'm right there with you... at this point I just want to know either way. It's killing me not knowing what I'm going to do next year.

has anyone tried calling them to see when they were going to send out the final letters??

I don't think calling them will get you anywhere. Either way it's not looking good for any of us who didn't already get an acceptance. I'd rather just get my rejection so I'll know, instead of not knowing.

Just relax... they're probably waiting for January PCAT scores for applicants who have taken the exam before. The best words of advice in these situations are, "expect the worst, hope for the best" and plan accordingly. Worrying yourself sick over this will neither speed up the process nor make you look more competitive in the application process - just take it day by day.

I dont know if everyone got this email, but I received this today.

"Dear Ryan,
Thank you for your continued patience in awaiting a final admission decision from The James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy. The Admissions Committee is in the process of making final admission decisions on all interviewed applicants. You should expect to hear from us by April 15, as to a final admission decision.
If you are no longer considering the University of Cincinnati’s James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy, please let me know and I will withdraw your application."

Another month!

I have declined my spot, in favor of UCSF, so someone else can enjoy my spot :)

I received my acceptance in January :)

has anyone received an acceptance within the past month or so? i interviewed on jan 14th and still nothing

has anyone received an acceptance within the past month or so? i interviewed on jan 14th and still nothing

I've heard nothing. We probably won't hear anything back until early April, which is kind of drag since we've been waiting since January.

Did you guys get the same email as above? I know that they also sent out rejection emails at the same time that one was sent. So at least you didn't recieve one of those emails. This waiting is making me so anxious, 3 more weeks!

so not everyone got the same email as above? they sent some rejection emails out already? I got the one above and i just thought that everyone did and then they would send out the rejections all at the same time. How did you find this out?

It was people in my class, although they did not have interviews.

Rumor has it that the wait list people get notified in April. With that being said, it looks like we are all going to be waitlisted. I mean there is nothing wrong with that, hell it beats getting rejected. I kind of just wish I got in though. Let's hope for more people declining their seats! Keep your heads up.

If I do get waitlisted I hope my number ends in -teen lol

I'm hoping that by april 15th they will be able to tell us if we are accepted or denied.. to be waitlisted at this point is crazy... I feel like it's getting really late in the process.

Does anyone know how many people off a waitlist usually get accepted?

How many of you took the January PCAT this year?

I don't think UC will except the january pcat.

They accept a January PCAT score if there's a previous PCAT score on a PharmCAS application.

Today UC sent out results already, please check your email!
I am on the alternative list, hope someone who has better choice will give up their positions. Thanks.

Waitlisted but basically the email said I had no shot at getting in since I am bottom half of the list, so rejection! Good luck to everyone else.

Yeah, i got waitlisted too, said low ends aren't usually accepted. You all think I should wait on them or just plan towards NEOUCOP? I'm taking a full course load to fulfill physics 103/113 for them and speech and macroecon for NEOUCOP.

It's kind of annoying my last quarter either way I'm taking 6 hours straight of classes mwf with no lunch to hang out with friends... -___-

How long is the list? I think I heard that from the interview day, sometimes they get more than 20-30, or even more from the list.

I also heard on interview day that you received a number when you are waitlisted. Apparently not.

yea i'm in the same boat... I'm taking crazy amount of classes for without breaks for 2 different schools also. Did every one's letter say they were in the bottom half?? I kinda want to know how many people are on the waitlist also.. maybe i'll email her and ask.

Just spoke with Emmy today. She said there are about 80 on the waitlist, and they didn't give those less than the top half numbers, so it's pretty much a rejection. Out of curiosity, what were your statistics?

****in 3.3 GPA and a 47 PCAT lol. Had a lot of ECs and good reccs though...

Already dropped physics and lab so I guess NEOUCOP it is.

hey everyone! I gave up my spot at UC to go to KU. Good luck to those of you on the waitlist!!!