University of Cincinnati Fall 2011 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goodfellas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I tried doing a search to see who was applying for the c/o 2015, and I didn't see much UC love. I decided to start this thread to see who is applying here, and when people get interviews. I submitted my PharmCas at the end of August, but I procrastinated until just now to finally submit my supplemental. UC's program seems pretty well respected, and I really like how they communicate. I was invited for a late interview last year, but couldn't make it do to inclement weather/Pittsburgh's inept snow removal procedures. Anyway, I've yet to visit the campus, but I am excited to hopefully make a trip out there next month.

Members don't see this ad.

submitting pharmCAS today. UC is my first choice but i'm nervous about the whole thing :scared:

I am applying to UC. I submitted my application in August! They do not start looking at applications until December 1st. Where are you all from?

Members don't see this ad :)
im at UC. I'm not actually from Cincinnati though

I'm at Pitt now...from outside of Scranton, Pa

oh really.. i am applying to Pitt as well but I after reading some posts on this forum I am thinking it is almost impossible for a non-pitt student to get in. Someone said that at their interview there was only one person that wasn't from pitt. What do you know about their admissions?

oh really.. i am applying to Pitt as well but I after reading some posts on this forum I am thinking it is almost impossible for a non-pitt student to get in. Someone said that at their interview there was only one person that wasn't from pitt. What do you know about their admissions?

Very tough for anyone who isn't conditional to get in. I was interviewed last yr and was waitlisted at Pitt. I was invited to Cincinnati for an interview without completing a ton of their prerequisites, but I couldn't attend. Pitt is ridiculously competitive. Most ppl in sdn don't know much about it

dang... maybe i will save 65 dollars and not send the supplemental

Anyone heard anything about interviews for Cincinnati??

Anyone heard anything about interviews for Cincinnati??

I the email I received confirming that my application was complete, it said that they will be conducting interviews from Jan-March. So, I wasn't expecting to hear anything from them until early January, possibly late December at the earliest.

I received UC interview invitation!!!

Last edited:
I got an interview today too! January 15th at 9:45a.m!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if people keep getting emails from UC about how great their program is and stuff, but haven't gotten an interview invite yet? I know my app is complete, and I keep getting reminders about the academic update and now today I got basically a plus email about choosing UC. What gives? Is everybody getting these?

I wish I would just get an interview already ><

Just wondering if people keep getting emails from UC about how great their program is and stuff, but haven't gotten an interview invite yet? I know my app is complete, and I keep getting reminders about the academic update and now today I got basically a plus email about choosing UC. What gives? Is everybody getting these?

I wish I would just get an interview already ><

Yes, I received the same email too. I thought it was strange since they have not yet sent me an invite. I received admissions offers from two other schools, so I would probably decline an invite from them at this point.

Has anyone interviewed yet? If so, how long did it take to hear back??

The deadline was Dec 1st. I heard back for an interview about December 15th. My interview is January 15th!

It is my understanding that the Jan 14th interviews are round 1.

I just received my interview invitation this morning, so exciting, it will be my first interview.

Yup, I'm in the first batch, which is January.

Is it weird that I just got an interview invite this week? I have one for Jan 21st. I just found it weird that I got it over 2 weeks later than everyone who already posted on here. Maybe it's because I'm out of state? I dont know. Speaking of out of state, do any of you know if it is a lot harder to get in if you are an out of stater?

Is it weird that I just got an interview invite this week? I have one for Jan 21st. I just found it weird that I got it over 2 weeks later than everyone who already posted on here. Maybe it's because I'm out of state? I dont know. Speaking of out of state, do any of you know if it is a lot harder to get in if you are an out of stater?

I got mine this week too with opportunities to schedule a time from Jan 14th - Feb 5th. I'm out-of-state too. Not a reciprocity state with them. I haven't decided if I will attend as I already have deposits at 2 schools.

I'll be there this Friday. I'm looking forward to checking the school out. Does anyone know the time frame Cinci usually takes to tell you if you're accepted or not?

I submitted my pharmcas in late Aug, and my supplemental was probably early November. I heard from them in early December about the interview invite.

I'll be there this Friday. I'm looking forward to checking the school out. Does anyone know the time frame Cinci usually takes to tell you if you're accepted or not?

I submitted my pharmcas in late Aug, and my supplemental was probably early November. I heard from them in early December about the interview invite.

The following was posted on the UC website:

Notifications of admission are mailed via postal mail from February - May. Letters will be mailed to the preferred mailing address indicated on the PharmCAS application. Students will receive one of three letters: selected for admission (admitted), not selected for admission (denied), or placed on the alternate list. Please do not call the College of Pharmacy for information regarding your admission status.

They typically tell a small percent within 2 weeks of your interview and then the majority of letters go out in march.

I've never been to Cinci, and I've only been in Ohio once in my life. I'm looking forward to exploring the area when I get there Thursday afternoon. Does anyone have suggestions on places to eat that are nearby?

I've never been to Cinci, and I've only been in Ohio once in my life. I'm looking forward to exploring the area when I get there Thursday afternoon. Does anyone have suggestions on places to eat that are nearby?

What price range are you looking at?

You might consider Skyline Chili. Very popular. There is one in Clifton on Ludlow Ave.

http://www.skylinechili.com/

I am interviewing this Saturday. Good luck to everyone :)

Has anyone that interviewed this past weekend heard anything?

Has anyone that interviewed this past weekend heard anything?

Interviewed on Friday. They said they could send out decisions anywhere between 1 week and May 1st. With such a huge window, Im guessing most won't hear anything until March.

Interviewed on Friday. They said they could send out decisions anywhere between 1 week and May 1st. With such a huge window, Im guessing most won't hear anything until March.

Not for me! Just got the email today! ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine had his interview on Saturday, and he found out on Tuesday at12PM. Pretty quick with it or him at least. Hopefully mine's the same.

A friend of mine had his interview on Saturday, and he found out on Tuesday at12PM. Pretty quick with it or him at least. Hopefully mine's the same.

man he must have killed the interview. I interviewed on Friday and I'm really nervous. It is my number one school and I have no idea how I thought I did haha. I hope I will find out that quick but I have a feeling they will wait for my academic update.

man he must have killed the interview. I interviewed on Friday and I'm really nervous. It is my number one school and I have no idea how I thought I did haha. I hope I will find out that quick but I have a feeling they will wait for my academic update.

Yeah, Same with me. I interviewed on the First Saturday and got the email on Tuesday at Noon. I wonder how they decided to let people know earlier than others? Just stay positive. Are you a UC student?

Yeah, Same with me. I interviewed on the First Saturday and got the email on Tuesday at Noon. I wonder how they decided to let people know earlier than others? Just stay positive. Are you a UC student?

Nah I'm from New York. I see you are from Kentucky, so it must not be that only UC student's get the early announcement. It's kind of scary that the window of the decision can be as short as like 3 days or as long as May 1st.
Did you feel your interview went fairly smooth?

Yeah. The interviewer stopped me mind way through the interview and said that I was a really good "communicator" and she felt comfortable around me, unlike a lot of other applicants. It also helped that she was a clinical pharmacist (I work at an inpatient pharmacy) so we hit it off on that note. I was actually hoping the interview lasted longer than 45 minutes because we both didn't want to stop talking after the time frame. how bout you?

How much of a tuition deposit and how quickly is it required after you are notified of your acceptance?

Surprisingly, It is only $250 and you have 21 days to confirm.

I felt it went okay. Not as smoothly as I wished, but maybe that is just me second guessing myself. I was interviewed by two faculty members, not a pharmacist. I felt like it was only 30 minutes though. I wish I was interviewed by a clinical pharmacist because I also work at a hospital pharmacy. I got an email today from them thanking me for my interview. I thought it was my acceptance and got so excited and then I was like aww man. Did you get this email or was this only sent out to the people who dont get accepted haha.

Surprisingly, It is only $250 and you have 21 days to confirm.

Excellent news! I put off my interview to the latest possible date to give me time to decide if I wanted to interview or decline.

I was accepted at 2 other schools and relatively quickly had to put down $1000. One school gave me 5 days. The other school gave me two weeks but I think that was because the acceptance letter came so close to their Christmas shutdown.

I thoroughly enjoyed my interview and campus tour, and was fortunate to interview with a clinical pharmacist.

For those accepted, they first send an e-mail. The e-mail congratulates you and then states a letter with addition details will be mailed.

I have heard that UC is looking for quality-- not necessarily the zip code/state in which you live. They offer a solid program with personal touch.

Hey everyone! I interviewed last Saturday and was accepted Monday morning!!! I can't believe it happened so fast especially since I'm out of state. Good luck to the rest of you.

hey everyone! i was also just accepted. anyone know if there is a facebook group for our incoming class? i am out-of-state and will be in search of a roommate sometime soon.

I started One!! "University of Cincinnati College of Pharmacy Class of 2015" I'll need a roommate!

I also interviewed last Saturday and was accepted this Monday! I'm not sure if I will be attending yet though..

I also interviewed last Saturday and was accepted this Monday! I'm not sure if I will be attending yet though..

I'll take your seat since I interviewed and didn't get an acceptance letter haha!