UDM vs. reapply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predental2021ca

Reaction score
Hi guys, I got into UDM and waitlisted at 3 other schools. Should I wait it out for my other schools/reapply or go to UDM? I’ve been told by multiple people not to go there so idk what to do

Members don't see this ad.

you have a dental school acceptance don’t reapply there’s no guarantee you’ll get one next cycle. who told you not to go there? it’s a great school

Reactions: 1 user
Are any of the waitlisted schools drastically cheaper/in state tuition? If so I’d put down the deposit and see how the cycle plays out, and you can choose to withdraw and reapply if you’re not feeling it. I don’t know about UDM other than it’s expensive.

Are any of the waitlisted schools drastically cheaper/in state tuition? If so I’d put down the deposit and see how the cycle plays out, and you can choose to withdraw and reapply if you’re not feeling it. I don’t know about UDM other than it’s expensive.
I’m currently waitlisted for one in state school! Tuition is about 150k cheaper than UDM

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve heard things about the school and admin. Some have also said not to go there because of the location!
I’m currently waitlisted for one in state school! Tuition is about 150k cheaper than UDM
I would encourage you to go UDM if you don't get into your choice. The 4 years will go buy quickly. Couple of Alum I know have said it's a very good clinical program and very good for GP dentisty.

If you wait 1 more year and even if you get into the choice of your school (150K less), you are losing 1 year of salary, which could be 150-200K and you will be in this same stressful situation next year.

Just my thoughts.

Best of luck.

I think it would also be a red flag if you have an acceptance but turned it down to reapply next cycle. Put down your deposit and see what happens during the rest of this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, I got into UDM and waitlisted at 3 other schools. Should I wait it out for my other schools/reapply or go to UDM? I’ve been told by multiple people not to go there so idk what to do
I am sure you will hear back from your in-state school. If you dont hear back from tihe waitlisted schools and want to have more options then I would reapply but it is up to you. After all it is your future!