Touro VS UDM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

semicollin

Reaction score
Which one would u guys pick?

Touro vs UDM and why?

They're relatively about the same cost and both are out of state.

Touro
pros: no specialties program = more complex cases
cons: would be the first class to experience the NM facility and the increased class size to 214.

UDM
pros: smaller class size, they emphasize strong clinical experience.
cons: I've heard mixed feelings about UDM's class culture and the faculty.

thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Which one would u guys pick?

Touro vs UDM and why?

They're relatively about the same cost and both are out of state.

Touro
pros: no specialties program = more complex cases
cons: would be the first class to experience the NM facility and the increased class size to 214.

UDM
pros: smaller class size, they emphasize strong clinical experience.
cons: I've heard mixed feelings about UDM's class culture and the faculty.

thank you!
Touro, safer location. That's the biggest thing for me especially if the costs are the same.

Where are you from?

I'm from California, and if I were to go to UDM. I would live away from the city in a suburban area.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from California, and if I were to go to UDM. I would live away from the city in a suburban area.
It wouldn't matter much; you would still be going to school in a sketchy area. Walking to your car at 11 pm would not be the most fun. The one nice thing about Detriot would be a shorter flight home to Cali.

Have you been able to fly out to both locations to check out the schools in person? When do you need to make your decision?

Reactions: 1 user
It wouldn't matter much; you would still be going to school in a sketchy area. Walking to your car at 11 pm would not be the most fun. The one nice thing about Detriot would be a shorter flight home to Cali.

Have you been able to fly out to both locations to check out the schools in person? When do you need to make your decision?
ask if by touro, do you have to drive through red lights late at night to keep from getting carjacked?
i hear (edited for mispelling) that happens in detroit...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Honestly, I am just starting to look at Touro, and it looks like a beautiful school.

Where would you rather live and attend school for four years? Either way, it'll be an adventure for you!

I've flown to Touro before and the facility itself is nice. I have never been to Detroit. I was thinking if I went to Detroit, I would basically go to school and home right after.

The only thing holding me back from Touro would be that it's a relatively new school, a new experiment with the NM cohort, and an increased class size.

Meanwhile, Detroit has a smaller class size, I would be able to get my own place for 4 years, and they rave about their robust clinical experience.

I have a week to decide to put my deposit for Touro.

• Love
I've flown to Touro before and the facility itself is nice. I have never been to Detroit. I was thinking if I went to Detroit, I would basically go to school and home right after.

The only thing holding me back from Touro would be that it's a relatively new school, a new experiment with the NM cohort, and an increased class size.

Meanwhile, Detroit has a smaller class size, I would be able to get my own place for 4 years, and they rave about their robust clinical experience.

I have a week to decide to put my deposit for Touro.
That's great that you've been able to go out to Touro!

If you are seriously split between them, I would do exactly that. I have done that before lol - flown out and spend the night (you'll want to do this), check out the city a little bit, the school, and fly home the next day. Spending the night in the city and driving around gives you an idea of what living there would be like (though you might not want to for Detriot lol). It is expensive but worth the investment if you are 50/50 between the schools. However, for these two schools, if it were me, the clear path would be Touro. New facility, very safe community, right outside of NYC, it would be a much more enjoyable 4 years for me.

Can you post a link about the increase in class size? I can't seem to find that anywhere haha. I agree a smaller class size would be more ideal, but that wouldn't impact my decision about where I would attend.

That's great that you've been able to go out to Touro!

If you are seriously split between them, I would do exactly that. I have done that before lol - flown out and spend the night (you'll want to do this), check out the city a little bit, the school, and fly home the next day. Spending the night in the city and driving around gives you an idea of what living there would be like (though you might not want to for Detriot lol). It is expensive but worth the investment if you are 50/50 between the schools. However, for these two schools, if it were me, the clear path would be Touro. New facility, very safe community, right outside of NYC, it would be a much more enjoyable 4 years for me.

Can you post a link about the increase in class size? I can't seem to find that anywhere haha. I agree a smaller class size would be more ideal, but that wouldn't impact my decision about where I would attend.

Thanks for the advice!

Hi! Im facing the same choices here as a Class of 2028. May i know which school you decided to attend?