UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I called today and I was waitlisted :(
Do waitlisted students ever get off of the waitlist before the deadline (Jan 15th?) Because that’s also the last day I can commit to my second choice school.
Possibly, but I wouldn't take that risk - definitely put a deposit down at your second choice and if you end up getting off the waitlist, all you lose is your deposit (which isn't too much in the long run/grand scheme of things tbh). I know a few people in my class as well as in the D2 and D1 classes that were accepted off the waitlist :) There's hope but definitely put down a deposit somewhere.
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows if the class is full yet?
I doubt so, I think a lot of people are still deciding and acceptances come out in waves. Not everyone will accept their offer but I think more movement will happen in January (as we just went on break).

Members don't see this ad.

Possibly, but I wouldn't take that risk - definitely put a deposit down at your second choice and if you end up getting off the waitlist, all you lose is your deposit (which isn't too much in the long run/grand scheme of things tbh). I know a few people in my class as well as in the D2 and D1 classes that were accepted off the waitlist :) There's hope but definitely put down a deposit somewhere.

I doubt so, I think a lot of people are still deciding and acceptances come out in waves. Not everyone will accept their offer but I think more movement will happen in January (as we just went on break).
Thanks for the reassurance. Hopefully I will hear back in the new year

Do you know if they will interview more applicants in January and Feb?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if they will interview more applicants in January and Feb?
Possibly, but I'm not sure. I haven't been keeping tabs on it as much as I did when I was a D1/D2. I know last year (CO 2024) they had a few dates in January, but the previous year (CO 2023) I think had only 1 post-Dec interview date.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard Dr. Margolis say this year during pre-dental day that they don’t do post-December interviews

I heard Dr. Margolis say this year during pre-dental day that they don’t do post-December interviews
i emailed UCLA a month ago and they said that they have January interviews.
this is very confusing...when was your session with Dr. Margolis?

That is confusing. I heard him say it a few times during the zoom meeting. It was at the beginning of December. He also said they haven't been doing post-December interviews for the past 3 years so maybe he mis-spoke?

He also said they haven't been doing post-December interviews for the past 3 years so maybe he mis-spoke?
Def not true, some of my classmates (2022) were interviewed post Dec, and I know for sure some of the D1s (2024) interviewed in January this year cause I met them at school during their tour lol

That is confusing. I heard him say it a few times during the zoom meeting. It was at the beginning of December. He also said they haven't been doing post-December interviews for the past 3 years so maybe he mis-spoke?
I think he said they like to have most or all of the interviews done before December, but it doesn't always work out. They want their seats filled asap.

Def not true, some of my classmates (2022) were interviewed post Dec, and I know for sure some of the D1s (2024) interviewed in January this year cause I met them at school during their tour lol
Yeah tbh I was really surprised when I heard that too! I’m trying to think about whether I misunderstood him but there was another student that tried to clarify a few times. I guess it was a mistake.

If you’re still waiting, wishing you the best of luck!!

Are they still sending interviews? Did anyone receive post December interview? Good luck to everyone🍀

Are they still sending interviews? Did anyone receive post December interview? Good luck to everyone🍀
Nope the class is full unless people decide to not attend. You can contact admissions and ask too because it looks like we all got different responses about it based on this thread ^. I was assuming with COVID and the deadline shifting they would be more flexible like other schools

Nope the class is full unless people decide to not attend. You can contact admissions and ask too because it looks like we all got different responses about it based on this thread ^. I was assuming with COVID and the deadline shifting they would be more flexible like other schools
how do you know the class is full? Based on what or whom>?

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you know the class is full? Based on what or whom>?
They are still reviewing applications and sending out invites for a couple more weeks. UCLA extended their application deadline to January 1. Why would they extend their application deadline if they are not sending more interview invites?

They are still reviewing applications and sending out invites for a couple more weeks. UCLA extended their application deadline to January 1. Why would they extend their application deadline if they are not sending more interview invites?
That’s why I’m confused when I contacted they said it’s full but others wrote they’re interviewing. I’m still praying though you never know if people give up their seats

That’s why I’m confused when I contacted they said it’s full but others wrote they’re interviewing. I’m still praying though you never know if people give up their seats
From my understanding, post-Dec interviews from UCLA are for spots on the waitlist since there are more than 88 acceptances given on acceptance day. My friend interviewed for a waitlist spot last cycle in mid January and was accepted mid-February.

From my understanding, post-Dec interviews from UCLA are for spots on the waitlist since there are more than 88 acceptances given on acceptance day. My friend interviewed for a waitlist spot last cycle in mid January and was accepted mid-Februaso

By calling that’s why I wrote you can contact too :)
I see. I am hoping their class isn't full, but we won't really know cuz they keep saying different stuff to all of us.

From my understanding, post-Dec interviews from UCLA are for spots on the waitlist since there are more than 88 acceptances given on acceptance day. My friend interviewed for a waitlist spot last cycle in mid January and was accepted mid-February.
Do you know anything about people who are on the alternate list and interviewed pre- December? Do they go over these candidates or just interview new people? Thank you.

I see. I am hoping their class isn't full, but we won't really know cuz they keep saying different stuff to all of us.
Me too! I was curious since the deadline was extended if those who submitted late received emails or paid the UCLA fee? I haven’t seen any rejections posted either for UCLA. Maybe that might be a sign if they’re interviewing still? I noticed the UCLA thread wasn’t as active as other schools I’m following so hopefully someone can share if they have

I submitted my application quite late but it has been more than a couple weeks and I have not heard anything about submitting a fee or any other steps of moving forward with the process. Is it worth sending an email to inquire about the status of my application or is it considered a lost cause by now? Not sure if I should bother the admissions committee at this point if it's too late.

I submitted my application quite late but it has been more than a couple weeks and I have not heard anything about submitting a fee or any other steps of moving forward with the process. Is it worth sending an email to inquire about the status of my application or is it considered a lost cause by now? Not sure if I should bother the admissions committee at this point if it's too late.
I would say it’s worth a shot it’ll show interest so I can’t see any harm in it since their deadline was extended I hope we will all hear soon

Asking for a friend: since the deposit deadline was last week and some people turned down their seat, does anyone know if the class is currently filled?

Has anyone received a call from admissions yet? Was told that this week and next week was gonna be some movement
Reference: Admissions

Has anyone received a call from admissions yet? Was told that this week and next week was gonna be some movement
Reference: Admissions
I received a rejection letter and many others as well, the class has been full since December

This is so weird. I applied back in July and my application is still under "Application Received". I did not receive an interview or a rejection letter. Are they just ghosting me lol?

I think UCLA (along with other schools like Columbia and Harvard) is known to ghost applicants if they don't receive an interview, but how do you know the class is full since Dec?

I think UCLA (along with other schools like Columbia and Harvard) is known to ghost applicants if they don't receive an interview, but how do you know the class is full since Dec?
Just calling and asking weeks back when I first mentioned it in the thread. I was wondering why rejection emails took so long but a few others told me this week they got them

Just calling and asking weeks back when I first mentioned it in the thread. I was wondering why rejection emails took so long but a few others told me this week they got them
We're the rejections sent for those who interviewed or just rejections without interview?

Hey! Anyone take a gap year and successfully gain admission? I am planning on taking a gap year and have pretty decent stats, but am confused on what exactly looks best for a gap year for UCLA admission. TY for the help!

Hey! Anyone take a gap year and successfully gain admission? I am planning on taking a gap year and have pretty decent stats, but am confused on what exactly looks best for a gap year for UCLA admission. TY for the help!
Yes! I’ve been working at a dental office. During my interview, there was a UCLA dental student that said he worked at a pizza shop because he really wanted to learn how to make pizza.

I’m not sure what they look for, but working at a dental office made answering certain interview questions a lot easier. Gave me a stronger grasp and understanding of dentistry

Is there any hope at this time to receive an interview or are they done for this cycle?

Is there any hope at this time to receive an interview or are they done for this cycle?
i just called them and they said the class is full. they don't know if/ when they would have an interview but if it happens, it will be for the waitlist.

honestly, the chances of receiving an acceptance (if you haven't been interviewed) seems to be very low because the waitlist for a competitive program like UCLA doesn't move very quickly :/

i am in the same situation as you

does UCLA's class usually fill up this quickly? I feel like many other dental schools still have open seats left.

Anybody else here who got an interview and is currently waitlisted but still no rejection letter?

I called today and I was waitlisted :(
Do waitlisted students ever get off of the waitlist before the deadline (Jan 15th?) Because that’s also the last day I can commit to my second choice school.
Hey I am going through the same situation! Did you ever get off the waitlist?

Anybody else here who got an interview and is currently waitlisted but still no rejection letter?
I interviewed and was waitlisted, haven't received a thing since they told me I was waitlisted.

Some students are still interviewing or waiting to hear back from other schools so you might still be able to get off the waitlist

Just got rejected. Applied around october.