Tulane Masters vs Cal State East Bay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forestbunny

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was recently accepted into Tulane Masters of physiology and pharmacology, and Cal State East Bay's postbacc program.
From the info I could gathered online:
Tulane has very small class size, and the masters students take med school classes, heard good reviews about it on older thread
Cal State had been having very high success rate in putting students into professional schools in recent years (AAMC data 51+applied 51+accepted last cycle)
Which one should I choose?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I was recently accepted into Tulane Masters of physiology and pharmacology, and Cal State East Bay's postbacc program.
From the info I could gathered online:
Tulane has very small class size, and the masters students take med school classes, heard good reviews about it on older thread
Cal State had been having very high success rate in putting students into professional schools in recent years (AAMC data 51+applied 51+accepted last cycle)
Which one should I choose?
Thanks!
I would apply to the program that would help me get a high GPA , service/clinical experience and great recommendation letters. I would say the deciding factor would be which school do you want to go to for med. I graduated from a postbac at Tulane , it was an amazing experience and I'm actually in Tulane med school now. They give you all the resources you need to get into Med School but you have to sniff them out like a blood hound, nobody is going to hold your hand and that I would say is the hardest part. I can't stress enough the importance of getting a high GPA , maximizing the service/clinical opportunities and seeking out people who will write recommendation letters, regardless of whether you choose Tulane or Cal state. the year will go by in an instant because of how busy you are, so make sure it is well spent. Congratulations by the way and good luck future MD! feel free to PM me

Reactions: 1 user
I would apply to the program that would help me get a high GPA , service/clinical experience and great recommendation letters. I would say the deciding factor would be which school do you want to go to for med. I graduated from a postbac at Tulane , it was an amazing experience and I'm actually in Tulane med school now. They give you all the resources you need to get into Med School but you have to sniff them out like a blood hound, nobody is going to hold your hand and that I would say is the hardest part. I can't stress enough the importance of getting a high GPA , maximizing the service/clinical opportunities and seeking out people who will write recommendation letters, regardless of whether you choose Tulane or Cal state. the year will go by in an instant because of how busy you are, so make sure it is well spent. Congratulations by the way and good luck future MD! feel free to PM me
Hey! what tulane postbacc did you do? I got into the medical genetics and genomics one and I am trying to see if it's the right fit for me.