SMP acceptances to Tulane and UNTSCH. Unsure of which program to attend.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Luckydawg

Reaction score
SMP acceptances to UNTHSC (TCOM) and Tulane MS in pharmacology. Need advice and help choosing. Cost isn’t really an issue as both of these programs cost similar amounts given that UNT is 3 semesters and Tulane is 2. Neither of these programs have any official linkage unfortunately.

If anyone has advice or firsthand experience with any of these programs, or can connect me with Redditors who have insights to share, I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Mods: this thread could be moved to Postbaccalaureate.

Is there a reason you chose two SMP's without linkages? What is the track record of graduates getting into medical schools from each program?

Reactions: 1 user
Mods: this thread could be moved to Postbaccalaureate.

Is there a reason you chose two SMP's without linkages? What is the track record of graduates getting into medical schools from each program?
I went to Tulane for undergrad. Besides that, I only applied to SMPs in my home state of Texas due to cost. Unfortunately non of these programs have official linkage. According to Tulane’s website 70 percent of students matriculate into medical school after the program. I believe UNT said that around 80% of their graduates gain admission to medical or dental school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user