toenail bent back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

match417

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i need to know what to do about my middle-toe toenail. over a month ago i hit it on a table and bent the toenail back all the way. It looks fine and the toenail is still growing, but the toenail won't "seal" back down to my toe on the sides. It looks like i can bend it back as a flap, but I don't and I never have because i am waiting for it to "re-seal". It's just not resealing, and it's been close to a month and a half. I keep barely bumping it on things and it just pushes it back again. What would happen if i just pulled it out all the way and let it grow back? Or should I just cut it as close as i can and let it grow from there? Any help that can be offered will be appreciated. And if you can't offer help, can you tell me what questions to ask or google for the issue? it's too small of an issue to go to the doctor for. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i need to know what to do about my middle-toe toenail. over a month ago i hit it on a table and bent the toenail back all the way. It looks fine and the toenail is still growing, but the toenail won't "seal" back down to my toe on the sides. It looks like i can bend it back as a flap, but I don't and I never have because i am waiting for it to "re-seal". It's just not resealing, and it's been close to a month and a half. I keep barely bumping it on things and it just pushes it back again. What would happen if i just pulled it out all the way and let it grow back? Or should I just cut it as close as i can and let it grow from there? Any help that can be offered will be appreciated. And if you can't offer help, can you tell me what questions to ask or google for the issue? it's too small of an issue to go to the doctor for. thanks

SDN is not a forum for medical advice. Please see a doctor.

Thread is closing...

Status
Not open for further replies.