The Ohio State CoP 2011 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am interviewing on the coming weekend. Getting pretty nervous about it. How is the process like? it might sound stupid but, i am also wondering how to dress up!

Hey!!Scorewaiter~~
congrat on your interview!!!! Dont worry too much, it was the most relaxing interview that i have been to !!!
So I went to interview on Friday (04/08) around 12, they offered an optional tour in the Park hall( Join them if you can :)) then after the tour, you are given a schedule of the rest of the day. For me, the first thing was the information meeting (about 45min). They gave presentations of the basic information of OSU, their ranking, their woderful resources, what class you take each year, information on Ohio state residency..After the information meeting, you have like 10 min break. Then i had a interview with a faculty, she is really really nice:) and i heard that all the faculty in OSU are nice!!!! So dont be nervous! the questions that she asked me: WHY OSU, WHY pharmamry, how do you handle stress, what you would change in the retail setting and the area that you want to improve (since i worked in retail before), and what would you do if one of your teamate is not as motivative as you? .....Bacially the questions from the SDN interview feedback.. Think about them before you go:) it is really really relaxing!!! DONT BE NERVOUS!
In terms of dressing, i think as long as you look neat, you will be fine.:love:
Good luck on your interview!!! Hope this help~
Hope to see you in OSU!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently choosing between Mercer in atlanta and OSU, Any suggustion??:love:

I am interviewing on the coming weekend. Getting pretty nervous about it. How is the process like? it might sound stupid but, i am also wondering how to dress up!

The interview process was by far the most laid back that I've had in my whole interviewing process. It is either one or two faculty members interviewing you and they are very friendly. They just ask questions about your desire to be a pharmacist and if you are passionate about it, it should be cake. As for attire, suit definitely if youre a dude, but if you are a girl I can't help you that much since I'm a dude haha.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those who have been accepted!

I am interviewing this Friday and I was wondering if anyone has any input about where they stayed? Hotel name, transportation from/to airport/OSU, and whether or not they'd stay there again? (from personal experience, the hotel rating sites are not very accurate!) Thanks guys!

I am interviewing this Friday and I was wondering if anyone has any input about where they stayed? Hotel name, transportation from/to airport/OSU, and whether or not they'd stay there again? (from personal experience, the hotel rating sites are not very accurate!) Thanks guys!

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn Downtown Columbus and it was amazing, the building is like 3 years old newly remodeled and it was only either 59.99 or 69.99 because I was an OSU guest. Its also a ten minute car ride to campus. I can't help you with transportation info to and from the airport since I didn't fly.

Thank you Xhuang and rplich!
So the interview questions would be basically from yourprevious work experiences and also something general is that right?

Thank you Xhuang and rplich!
So the interview questions would be basically from yourprevious work experiences and also something general is that right?

Yes...it is really general~ GOOD LUCK~

Hey~~ PharmDeezy!
I stayed in South Varsity Inn...it is one of the hotel that OSU list in their comfirmation letter, It is like 0.88 mile away from Park hall...i believe i spent $60 at night! it is a good place to stay.. you can even walk to Park hall..
And since i came from maryland, i first took a cab from airport, it cost me around 25 dollars i think.. but later i found a cab call "Oranga cab" They are really really cheap and they even offer discount for OSU students!! here is the number you can call: 614-414-0000 tell them you are in the airport, they will come and pick you up. i believe the price from airport to OSU campus is only 15 dollar!!!!!
TELL THEN YOU ARE INVITED FOR OSU INTERVIEW so that you can get the discount!

Hope this help:):love::love:

To those who are attending OSU in the fall...just wanted to see if anyone was looking for a one bedroom apartment for next year! I was wondering if anyone would like over my lease because my plans have changed for next year (I will be a second year pharmacy student) and I need to move off campus. The apartment is 10 minutes walking distance from Park Hall, comes with off street parking, all utilities except electricity are included, and laundry is across the parking lot!
My email is [email protected].

Does anyone know of a school where I can take Analytical/Quant Chem this summer (in the Northeast or MidAtlantic area)?

I found out last week via snail mail. Me too! Kinda late eh? But I didn't get any confetti/glitter in my envelope? :thumbdown: Perhaps its cuz I'm a transfer? I guess I wasn't cool enough. Oh well, it counts the same! :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a school where I can take Analytical/Quant Chem this summer (in the Northeast or MidAtlantic area)?

CUNY city college does. A CC in Boston does too, I have a classmate who went to BU and recall them saying they took it over a summer session. Good luck : ) Luckily I was a Chem major and took it in undergrad!

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone who's an international student received their official acceptance letter in the mail yet? i've completed the financial review, but i still haven't heard anything from them...:confused:

I got in!!!! I received the e-mail on Wednesday!!!!
Does anyone know where can I take online calculus II for this summer and I am especially looking anything fron JULY 2011....please reply its urgent!!!

can anyone tell me what the climate is like? i heard from my friend from dayton that there are tornadoes... does that happen often in columbus? are there any precautions i should take?

can anyone tell me what the climate is like? i heard from my friend from dayton that there are tornadoes... does that happen often in columbus? are there any precautions i should take?

tornado is not likely to hit major city like Columbus
occasionally you may lose your power due to weather.
mine never did though

Stop, drop, and roll.

Hey Guys,

Anyone in California (SoCal) taking Analytical Chemistry this summer? If so where? I haven't found a community college that offers it! I don't feel like spending a booty load of money for just one class! Thanks in advanced!

Hey Guys,

Anyone in California (SoCal) taking Analytical Chemistry this summer? If so where? I haven't found a community college that offers it! I don't feel like spending a booty load of money for just one class! Thanks in advanced!
I'm in the same boat, from Bay Area. I looked at all the junior colleges, the UCs, CSUs, and other schools, and there was nothing for summer. Since we ahve to be here on 8/1 for in-state residence for the 2nd year, I'm going to take it over summer at OSU. I may also need to take microbio --- I'm looking into taking it at the city collge there, Columbus State Community College --- they don't have anal chem though.

I was just curious if anyone here is taking Anatomy at columbus state this summer?

I was checking my applicant account for OSU, and it turns out that I have to take an English Placement Test upon arrival. Does everyone have to take it? Does anyone know what it's about?

I was checking my applicant account for OSU, and it turns out that I have to take an English Placement Test upon arrival. Does everyone have to take it? Does anyone know what it's about?

No only international people have to it. With that being said, I have no idea what it's on. It probably just tests your ability to speak and read English.

No only international people have to it. With that being said, I have no idea what it's on. It probably just tests your ability to speak and read English.

ok. yeah, i saw that in the FAQ section of the school website too. but hopefully i don't need to coz i have a bachelor's degree here in the US. btw, does anyone know how to enroll in classes? on my applicant account, i can now enroll but i don't know exactly which classes i need. i haven't received anything from the school after the official acceptance letter though.

the college will enroll first quarter classes for you.

ok. yeah, i saw that in the FAQ section of the school website too. but hopefully i don't need to coz i have a bachelor's degree here in the US. btw, does anyone know how to enroll in classes? on my applicant account, i can now enroll but i don't know exactly which classes i need. i haven't received anything from the school after the official acceptance letter though.

Where is eveyone living at for next year? I have been looking for apartments for the past couple months and havent found anything, I dont know if Im being too picky or what. I was wondering where you guys either live or gonna live in when school starts.

hi everyone,
I have a question for you all, does OSU provides 6-year integrated course right after grade 12 and anyone of you that has entered through this course, I found this university pretty intresting and i am planning to apply in it, also i am in grade 12 now.... so any suggestions for how much GPA and when to apply and do i have to take PCAT?.... also if they demand any other extra tests or activities?
I know im overload with questions but im new to this so you all might understand my situation. i
Ill appreciate your help :):)

Where is eveyone living at for next year? I have been looking for apartments for the past couple months and havent found anything, I dont know if Im being too picky or what. I was wondering where you guys either live or gonna live in when school starts.

Dude I was being picky too so I just said screw it and I ended up snagging an apartment at Heritage. Ive heard mixed reviews about it, but it got to the point where I needed a place to live so I just went through with it. It's also like 4 miles from campus which is not too bad. I feel like all the apartments are going to be the same quality (not that great) but I lived in way worse places in undergrad so..