Summer Job Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishs

Reaction score
Hi y'all!

I'm trying to decide what I should do this summer to best improve my future application. I'll be going into my junior year next year. During the school year I do research and last summer I volunteered at a hospital. I have a couple options now.

1. I was offered a job at a food bank to work on their kids program. The only real con about this job is it starts very early in the morning and is far away from my house.

2. I have an interview coming up for a camp counselor job for kids with developmental disabilities. I think I would like this job and get to be more active which would be nice and it is closer to my house. But they pay is less than the food bank.

3. Before I got these interviews, my plan was to get my CNA license and work the rest of the summer after that. The problem with this is I would have to do the training for like 1/3 of my summer break, so I wouldn't get to work as much. I would like to do clinical work and I plan on being a CNA in my gap year, but I don't know if this is the best plan for right now.

4. I was also offered a job at a bakery near my house which I know I would enjoy, but I really don't know if it would add to my application as much as the other options. The pay would be less but I would have a couple days off that I could volunteer also.

Right now, I think I'm leaning towards the food bank, but I was just wondering what others think. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How many hours of clinical experience do you have now? How much would the end total be by June of 2025 if that is when you plan to apply?

Reactions: 1 user
How many hours of clinical experience do you have now? How much would the end total be by June of 2025 if that is when you plan to apply?
Right now, I only have about 150 hours, but I don't plan on applying until probably 2027. I want to work full time either as an MA or a CNA in after I graduate though, so that would probably be close to 2,000 if I do that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Right now, I only have about 150 hours, but I don't plan on applying until probably 2027. I want to work full time either as an MA or a CNA in after I graduate though, so that would probably be close to 2,000 if I do that.
You can wait then to work as an MA or CNA. Camp counselor sounds convenient for your schedule and commute this summer.

Reactions: 1 user