Stuck at 230

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cornfed101

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve got about 2.5 weeks left until COMLEX 2 and step 2 and I just need a little better score. Here’s where I’m at

UWSA 1, 60 days out - 160
NBME 9, 50 days out - 202
AMBOSS SA 30 days out - 230
NBME 10, 25 days out - 230
UWSA 2 (today), 18 days out - 230

I would love 245, but I’d be happy with 240. I had made most of my progress focusing on weaknesses but now those seem to be inconsistent. For example I got 90% on OBGYN on NBME 10 and 40% on UWSA2. What did anyone do to improve 10ish points in the last 2-3 weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What have you been using to study? Have you been doing Uworld randomized or systems based? Just generally I know a lot of people have had success with the divine interventions podcast - personally I only used it to help with weak content areas but some of my friends swear by it - and the CMS forms can be a good tool for helping review topics that the NBME likes to test and get you used to the ways they describe things in questions.

I switched from random during 3rd year to systems based during dedicated and it has made a huge difference for me. I wasn’t able to connect and differentiate similar topics during shelf exams and I didn’t do well on them as a result.

I’ll have to do that for divine. I think I was overwhelmed with how many podcasts he had but I would be good to start with my weak points there. Thanks!

Are the CMS forms the practice shelf exams or are those different?

Members don't see this ad :)
I switched from random during 3rd year to systems based during dedicated and it has made a huge difference for me. I wasn’t able to connect and differentiate similar topics during shelf exams and I didn’t do well on them as a result.

I’ll have to do that for divine. I think I was overwhelmed with how many podcasts he had but I would be good to start with my weak points there. Thanks!

Are the CMS forms the practice shelf exams or are those different?
Yeah it's the practice shelf exams, I think they call them the clinical mastery series or something. And make sure you review the healthcare quality and safety stuff, there's a ton of those questions about that on the real thing. Good luck with the studying!

Reactions: 1 user
Ended up with 242 🙌🏻

Reactions: 3 users