Society for Vascular Surgery welcomes podiatrists as physician members

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Society for Vascular Surgery welcomes podiatrists as physician members
SVS has approved membership for podiatrists in the same category as other physicians who are not vascular surgeons (e.g., cardiologists). This recognition of podiatrists in a physician category speaks to the outstanding relationship APMA has built with SVS and the extensive education the association has conducted among other health care professionals to underscore podiatrists' education, training and experience.

Like JanV88 first mentioned ... definitely a great step forward...

Full link:
http://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/apma/062011_1.pdf

This also looks very promising ...

Dr. Cook to represent podiatry on family physician editorial board

APMA congratulates young member Jeremy Cook, DPM, MPH, on his new role in representing the association on American Family Physician's Editorial Advisory Board. The EAB is composed of physicians and other health professionals representing a broad range of medical disciplines. As a board member, Dr. Cook will represent podiatry, prepare one clinical review article per year and review submitted manuscripts dealing with podiatry. The membership term is three years with an option for reappointment for a second three-year term. Dr. Cook teaches first-year students at Harvard Medical School.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks for making a new thread :thumbup:

I've been following the collaboration between the APMA and the SVS for a while. This is definitely a step forward.

Very promising, i think and that is just my opinion, that podiatry will gain more respect in coming years, we should just focus more on our education, and be the best at what we do, and fight for our place in the medical community, very excited about that