Other OT-Related Information SJSU 2017/2018 Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratz!

I believe you have to sign up for SJSU open university and sign up for OCTH 190. That's it, I think.

Not much info on the SJSU website about it lol: Info.sjsu.edu

I was reading through more of this thread and saw that you took biological psychology and were hoping that they would accept that in place of neuroamatomy. Did that work? I also took biological psychology at my community college last Fall.

Members don't see this ad.

I was reading through more of this thread and saw that you took biological psychology and were hoping that they would accept that in place of neuroamatomy. Did that work? I also took biological psychology at my community college last Fall.

It didn't count haha. I was just pushing my luck. There are only about a dozen or less acceptable neuroanatomy courses according to their list. When you get added to the FB group, the list will be there. Or it might already be in this thread somewhere! I forget!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Would you be able to share your stats with us?

Hi there!
Sure no problem! Here is a general overview.

Graduated with Bachelors of Science Kinesiology, Concentration in Exercise Science from California State University Monterey Bay
Undergrad GPA: 3:82
Prerequisite GPA: 4.0

GRE:
153 verbal
148 quantitative
4.0 analytical writing

Observation Hours/ Setting:
114- Inpatient hospital setting- Observed Cardiac, Stroke, Oncology, Orthopedic treatments
60+- Pediatrics- School setting special education classrooms

I spent a TON of time volunteering, working for a PT office and, conducting research as an undergrad so I focused a ton on that in my personal statement and included all of the hours on my OTCAS app.

Just happy to get to go to school at SJSU!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back or applying next year :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Everyone!

I am trying to enroll in OCTH 190 but on MySJSU Student center it still says that I do not have access to enrollment at this time. Does anyone else have/ had that problem? I got the add code and I sent the registration form to the graduate email. They said that if its not a 200 level course I don't have to have it signed off on. BUT I cant enroll on my own. Any suggestions?

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to enroll in OCTH 190 but on MySJSU Student center it still says that I do not have access to enrollment at this time. Does anyone else have/ had that problem? I got the add code and I sent the registration form to the graduate email. They said that if its not a 200 level course I don't have to have it signed off on. BUT I cant enroll on my own. Any suggestions?

I believe you have to get the professor to add you into the course. Are you in the facebook group yet?

I believe you have to get the professor to add you into the course. Are you in the facebook group yet?

Yup I did get added to the fb group last week. I have received the add code with the registration signature from Dr. Schultz-Krohn. I called the Open U contact number and they said that I can bring in the signed form to their office in the Student Services Center tomorrow since I'll be in the area for the luncheon.

If there are only 4 semesters, at $7176 per semester (over 6.1 units), then the total for tuition ONLY is $28,704.

There are 4 Full time semesters followed by 2 half-time semesters (for Fieldwork II)

Reactions: 1 user