Should I reschedule my DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist409

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I push my DAT back? As of right now I am halfway through the gen chem and the organic chem video lessons + corresponding problems in Bootcamp. I also have 5 chapters left of biology to get through. I have been outlining each DAT bio academy chapter. I have been casually looking at PAT each day, but not hardcore. I just bought PAT booster and will hopefully increase my practice time. For QR, I have finished 6 destroyer exams in the math destroyer. My exam is scheduled for August 31st, however I am going on a family vacation for ten days mid July, and I have a surgery scheduled. Thus I only have about 47 days in total to study. Should I reschedule? My goal is to finish the rest of bio, gen chem, and orgo by June 5th of next week. After that I want to start memorizing everything, doing destroyer problems, and also practice exams. I don't have a strong background in the sciences, which worries me. Thank you for the any advice in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh then why the rush?? Have you already scheduled?
Very true lol. I haven't scheduled it, but I kind of worry that once school, extracurriculars, and work start that I won't have as much time to devote to studying. Would that be enough days to get a good score? If I finish all of the bio, gen chem, and orgo content by next week I would have about 38 full days to do practice exams, do all the destroyer problems, and memorize everything (which I haven't done yet because I'm just trying to digest all of the info first).

Most people will say 2-3 months it really depends on you. However, I will say do not rush it! You have so much time. If you feel comfortable enough to take it do it. But you still have next summer too.