Do I Need To Reschedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrApplejuice

Reaction score
I am looking for advice on whether or not I am completely screwed or not to take the DAT. Currently, I am going to take the DAT in 8 days which is terrifying, but I am excited to get it over with. I am studying using bootcamp, and I am getting scores that I am satisfied with except for on the PAT section. I am consistently scoring 1-2 points away for where I want to score, and I am curious as to whether or not anyone has been able to grow a lot in skill in a week in this section. What I believe to be the issue is the hole punching section. I know people are able to fly through it and get 15/15 on it, but it usually takes me 15-20 minutes to do the section and I usually get around half of them right. I think I spend a lot of time trying to figure out where the fold lines on the more complicated questions, because on the easier questions with less convoluted folds, I typically can finish those in 30 seconds, but most of the questions I find difficult. I end up having to rush through all of the sections that I skipped over and I think I make mistakes because I am rushing. Does anyone have any advice, or should I seriously consider rescheduling?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It’s possible you could extend it by a week or 2 to give yourself a little extra time if you need it to study. But sometimes you reach a point where you just can’t improve without way more time. So it’s going to be your judgement on yourself with what you think is best.

You have the option during the exam to skip some questions by marking them and then come back to them once finished with everything else in the PAT section. That might help with your timing

Reactions: 1 user
I am looking for advice on whether or not I am completely screwed or not to take the DAT. Currently, I am going to take the DAT in 8 days which is terrifying, but I am excited to get it over with. I am studying using bootcamp, and I am getting scores that I am satisfied with except for on the PAT section. I am consistently scoring 1-2 points away for where I want to score, and I am curious as to whether or not anyone has been able to grow a lot in skill in a week in this section. What I believe to be the issue is the hole punching section. I know people are able to fly through it and get 15/15 on it, but it usually takes me 15-20 minutes to do the section and I usually get around half of them right. I think I spend a lot of time trying to figure out where the fold lines on the more complicated questions, because on the easier questions with less convoluted folds, I typically can finish those in 30 seconds, but most of the questions I find difficult. I end up having to rush through all of the sections that I skipped over and I think I make mistakes because I am rushing. Does anyone have any advice, or should I seriously consider rescheduling?
When I took DAT last year, I felt like that as well. I trusted myself and took the exam. I got the score that I was satisfied with. It depends on how you truly feel, but you should trust your effort that you put for this exam!

Members don't see this ad :)
^^ I agree with this very much so. I still felt so underprepared even after studying for 4 months. But I put whatever trust I had in myself and just took the exam and I also ended up with a score that I was more than happy/proud for. I ended up doing way better than any practice exam I took, so as long as you feel like you have some grasp of the material you should be okay.

I just saw your post and I'm wondering if you rescheduled or moved ahead. Could you please share the outcome to assist other students who may find themselves in the same dilemma?

Thank you and wishing you the best.
Nancy