Sending CV to externships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FTLtoMIA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a random question. I have been looking into externships at a few schools and was surprised that a few did not ask for a CV? Is this common?

Members don't see this ad.

This is a random question. I have been looking into externships at a few schools and was surprised that a few did not ask for a CV? Is this common?

I think it obviously depends on the program, but some I believe just have a 1st come 1st serve policy irrespective of the competitiveness of the applicant. And local students almost always get priority everywhere. I think away electives are more about available space than anything, so apply early.

I think it obviously depends on the program, but some I believe just have a 1st come 1st serve policy irrespective of the competitiveness of the applicant. And local students almost always get priority everywhere. I think away electives are more about available space than anything, so apply early.

That is what I figured...but wanted to make sure because I was a bit surprised that it didn't really come down to CV at all...

When do applicants usually send out applications? When do programs start accepting applications?