seeking last minute advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herbalgarden

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
mayo jax vs case western. From my perspective, they're both pretty good. Any input's appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know a thing about Mayo Jacksonville.

Regarding CWRU, IMHO this is a department with a bit of an identity crisis right now. The department has been looking for a chair for bordering on an inordinate amount of time now. I know the current finalists, and they're VERY different (good people, but the dramatic differences makes one wonder if Case really knows precisely what they want in a chair). The staff there are good, but overworked. Pretty decent stereotactic program (particularly intracranial) if you're interested in that. Moderate physics department with a couple of real superstars. The clinic itself is kind of a dump. The residents all seem to be pretty sharp and seem to have built good relationships with one another. They seem to be pretty happy. Of course, there's also the issue of it being in Cleveland (although that's probably a better city than Jacksonville).

Just my $0.02. Good luck on deciding!