School List Review (519/3.65, ORM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

green_canoe

Reaction score
Looking for honest feedback on my school list, including any current schools that are likely donations and any schools worth adding. Born in Virginia, lived my entire life in Wisconsin. First generation ORM. Double major in Business Management and Neurobiology at a top 10 public university. Graduated December, 2022.

MCAT: 519 (129 C/P, 131 CARS, 128 B/B, 131 P/S)
cGPA: 3.65, sGPA: 3.58, moderate upward trend.

Activities:

Paid clinical: ~1,300 hours, half coming from clinical research in an emergency department (current position, will continue until med school), half coming from CNA-type work at a behavioral health hospital.

Paid non-clinical: ~200 hours working as a student admin assistant in my university's department of emergency medicine.

Research: ~450 hours in a neurobiology lab (no posters or publications, worked under a PhD student the entire time - did not design experiments myself).

Shadowing: 155 hours total including psychiatry, ortho, vascular, urology, emergency medicine.

Extracurriculars/leadership: 2 years on the board of a pre-medical organization (including executive board in the second year) that I was a 4-year active member in, conducted a consulting project with a nationally respected medical diagnostics company while in undergrad.

Clinical volunteering: 200 hours auditing physician rounds in a PICU.

Non-clinical volunteering: 150 hours with a local organization that provides social support to formerly incarcerated individuals (pre-covid). 60 hours volunteering for a local film festival.

Hobbies: I've had a film review blog since 2020, I played 3 intramural sports in college and currently play 2 sports in community leagues.

LOR: 3 professors (2 science, 1 non-science), 2 department chair physicians from my university's hospital, 1 from the medical director at the behavioral health hospital I worked at.

School List:
UC San Fransisco
Stanford
UCLA Geffen
UC San Diego
USC Keck
Northwestern
Mount Sinai
Pittsburg
Michigan
Kaiser Permanente
Emory
UC Irvine
University of Colorado
Boston University
UNC
Miami Miller
Brown
Albert Einstein
UWSMPH
University of Maryland
Case Western
Ohio State
University of Massachusetts T.H. Chan
Tufts
Dartmouth
Georgetown
George Washinton
Wake Forest
Rush
University of Illinois
Rutgers
Jefferson
Rennaisance Stony Brook
Temple
Medical College of Wisconsin

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Some of the schools you are applying to are not worth the time due to your lower sGPA. UNC, Rutgers and many of the CA schools also only take a few OOS students. Other schools you included such as Rush expect significantly more non-clinical hours.

I suggest:
Wisconsin
MCW
Mount Sinai
Hofstra
Rochester
Hackensack
Pittsburg
Emory
University of Colorado
Boston University
Miami Miller