Rules for accepting and holding offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omelia116

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new here and I am a bit confused about the AAMC rules about MD/PhD applicants accepting and holding offers.
So can I respond to an acceptance offer and later decline it? As long as it's before April 30th? Accepting an offer does not obligate me to attend that school right? I can still interview at other schools correct?
It has been a complicated process so I just want to make certain that I am not making any huge mistakes that are against the rules. Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, collect them like baseball cards until the deadline. That said, it is courtesy to your peers to make decisions about programs as early as you feel comfortable so that others can have a chance.

Yes, collect them like baseball cards until the deadline. That said, it is courtesy to your peers to make decisions about programs as early as you feel comfortable so that others can have a chance.
Thanks Neuronix.
I certainly don't plan on holding onto all of them until the last minute. I will probably make incremental decisions as I go. Thanks again.