Rph positions for Foreign Grads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxwhatnow

Reaction score
Okay so what's up with these new positions I'm seeing that are looking for foreign grads? What makes them so special?

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200822-092801.png
    Screenshot_20200822-092801.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Screenshot_20200822-092750.png
    Screenshot_20200822-092750.png
    187.5 KB · Views: 194
Members don't see this ad :)
What is a tunnel hire? Why report to home land security?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
lord999 speaks in a discourse I don't understand. Always learn something from him.

They already knew who they would hire, they were required to post the job for general public for a certain period of time and interview at least a certain number of people and justify why other candidates were not better match for the job, ect, to make it legitimate with USCIS.

They already knew who they would hire, they were required to post the job for general public for a certain period of time and interview at least a certain number of people and justify why other candidates were not better match for the job, ect, to make it legitimate with USCIS.

You are technically correct, but the posting is still blatantly illegal and will be retrospectively accountable. National origin discrimination is quite illegal in a domestic circumstance. Even if they fully intend on hiring someone foreign, they have to have the fig leaf of considering domestics. I personally hope that they hire and then get beat up by USCIS as its a potential immigration fraud circumstance. RiteAid and Albertsons paid huge fines in the late-00s for doing this wrong. If you are from Phoenix and know a guy with the initials SE, you know the majority of the story in terms of immigration fraud and it didn't end well for the pharmacists involved.

Foreign Graduate does NOT equal to foreigner or non-citizen or anything. Quite a lot of US-born citizens were trained in a foreign country and came back to practice here, very common among MDs.

You are technically correct, but the posting is still blatantly illegal and will be retrospectively accountable. National origin discrimination is quite illegal in a domestic circumstance. Even if they fully intend on hiring someone foreign, they have to have the fig leaf of considering domestics. I personally hope that they hire and then get beat up by USCIS as its a potential immigration fraud circumstance. RiteAid and Albertsons paid huge fines in the late-00s for doing this wrong. If you are from Phoenix and know a guy with the initials SE, you know the majority of the story in terms of immigration fraud and it didn't end well for the pharmacists involved.

Well, it's still going strong. This pharmacy REALLY wants to hire a foreign grad in MULTIPLE LOCATIONS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200906-070221.png
    Screenshot_20200906-070221.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 113
This has been going on for a long time. Lawyers have seminars are how to beat the process. Watch this video to see how they get around the law.
[/QUOTE]

There's not enough jobs for US citizens, how are they supposed to accommodate all the foreign grads too?

There's not enough jobs for US citizens, how are they supposed to accommodate all the foreign grads too?

Let me say this again: LOTS of foreign grads are US citizens, some are US-born.

Reactions: 1 user
Let me say this again: LOTS of foreign grads are US citizens, some are US-born.
You're missing the point. It's not a matter of differentiating legality/credentials on paper. It's the difference in worldview, training, culture, relatability etc. of a foreign grad that brings risk to a U.S. employer. Are you paying attention to the social climate of 2020? If racial discrimination/social inequality is already a big issue in the U.S. that clearly hasn't been solved, then foreign grads are going to fall tertiary to that. If an employer already preferentially hires whites over blacks, for example, then why the );&;@$(@ would you think some foreign ESL grad from the UAE stands a chance? Hell, I wouldn't even hire Canadian grads (probably closest thing to pharmacy in the U.S.) because even they have a different view on pharmacy.

You're missing the point. It's not a matter of differentiating legality/credentials on paper. It's the difference in worldview, training, culture, relatability etc. of a foreign grad that brings risk to a U.S. employer. Are you paying attention to the social climate of 2020? If racial discrimination/social inequality is already a big issue in the U.S. that clearly hasn't been solved, then foreign grads are going to fall tertiary to that. If an employer already preferentially hires whites over blacks, for example, then why the );&;@$(@ would you think some foreign ESL grad from the UAE stands a chance? Hell, I wouldn't even hire Canadian grads (probably closest thing to pharmacy in the U.S.) because even they have a different view on pharmacy.

I used to work at Target and the DM was young, blonde and beautiful. She only hired pharmacists who were also young, blonde and beautiful. You could tell what kind of customers they were trying to market towards. Even the old timers acknowledged this but there was nothing anyone could do. A foreign grad would stand no chance to get hired there.

I used to work at Target and the DM was young, blonde and beautiful. She only hired pharmacists who were also young, blonde and beautiful. You could tell what kind of customers they were trying to market towards. Even the old timers acknowledged this but there was nothing anyone could do. A foreign grad would stand no chance to get hired there.
Yeah because the unwritten rule is sex always sells in all businesses.

what are you trying to say?
Are you questioning the motive of the employer who hires foreign-trained pharmacists
or are you pitying foreign-trained pharmacists for not getting hired
or are you against hiring foreign-trained pharmacists for ideological reasons?

what are you trying to say?
Are you questioning the motive of the employer who hires foreign-trained pharmacists
or are you pitying foreign-trained pharmacists for not getting hired
or are you against hiring foreign-trained pharmacists for ideological reasons?

He's just saying there's hardly any positions for US grads as it is, so foreign grads have even less of a chance of getting hired.

Cool I thought something was off. Not like there's a shortage of native pharmacists anymore!

Benzer pharmacy in Florida is exclusively an H1B farm from the sub-continent. Look at Indeed reviews for the few Americans who were hired under false auspices as interim pharmacists until visas approved.

I've worked with three foreign grad pharmacists while I was a graduate intern, and I can honestly say that none of them knew the basics of even the most common drugs. Two of them had no idea what Bactrim DS strength was. Stuff like that. Not discriminating, but a pharmacy looking to hire a foreign grad is doing it to pay a super low wage. Kinda sad.