RCSI GEM or University of Sydney in Australia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koalabear7

Reaction score
How do these two schools compare to each other in terms of student experiences and general perception and anything else relevant? I intended to practice in Canada but am becoming increasingly open to practicing in Ireland or the UK if I go to RCSI or perhaps Australia if I choose Sydney (although I am not too keen about the rural practice in Australia).

Members don't see this ad.

Current USyd student here.
Highly advise against coming to USyd.
Tuition increases every year with declining education, but the worst thing is you will likely NOT get a job after you graduate.
Aus: opened new med schools recently with minimal increase in internship position
Canada: USyd change their elective timeline and course structure. It was hard to match before the change, much much harder now
US: US licensing exams went through major changes. Unlikely for internationals (esp. non-US IMGs) to match.

Happy to elaborate more if you pm me but seriously... don't come here. Choose RCSI (or even the Caribbean's for that matter)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.