Radiology H1 visa jobs/j1 wiaver jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

havil

Reaction score
I do not possess a greencard or US citizenship but I got accepted to a mid tier US med school.

The bottom line is that I want to go to radiology (110% set on that) and I am willing to take out how many ever hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of loans + interest, but, one thing has been really bugging me and that is my fate after my radiology residency. I have a lot of questions about my ability to get a job and I hope that someone can help me out t so I can decide if I want to spend hundreds of thousands on this journey.

1. I know that j1 visas are the easiest ones to get and for some specialties, it is quite easy to get a j1 waiver or what not, but how feasible is it for a trained radiologist to attain this waiver? I am practically willing to work anywhere. Also what happens if I find a job but it requires a med license in a state that I do not possess. It may take many months to attain those licenses. Can I still apply while my application for the state license is pending?

2. If I couldn't do the J1 visa waiver and had to go back home for 2 years, how employable will I be given that I haven't done much in two years interms of radiology?

3. You could prob guess by the first sentence that I am a Canadian national so I was wondering if perhaps the visa process could be a bit easier for us? Also would I be qualified to write the radiology board exams in Canada and practice here during just the 2 years home stay?

4. lets just assume that I was able to get into residency with a h1 visa, how hard is it to get a radiology job that sponsors me? For how long do ya'll think I would be jobless? would you personally take that risk?

Thanks for listening to my early life crisis and I apologize for any grammar mistakes as I am on the train writing this on my phone and I don't feel like fixing it up lol (sorry)

Members don't see this ad.