Question about student evals...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

footpainhealer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know what happens if all of our rotation evals are not sent in to our schools?

My school uses an online platform that sends out evals to the clerkship directors / student coordinators at programs, and to the podiatrist at private practices.

But I have 1 from August 2021, and one from earlier this year, that was never submitted by the preceptors. Obviously, we as students can't control if they decide to never read / respond to their emails, or to never fill anything out on the online evaluation platform my school sends them.

I can almost guarantee I'm not the only one out of all the 4th years that have un-filled evals.

So what happens? Can our school fail us for that rotation even though we didn't do anything wrong? Or will it not really matter?

Both of these places that haven't filled mine out are on the opposite coast, so I can't just walk in to their office and have them do a paper eval hahaha

Members don't see this ad.

It really is school dependent. At my school, they will continue to check in with the program until they are sent in. There are a handful of our core rotations that we have to physically bring a paper to have signed, so that one is on us. All others (and externships) are online so the school directly follows up with the program.

You should check in with your school and ask them what needs to be done, if anything, on your part.

I have to imagine that you can simply request via email that the eval be completed.

It really depends.

Honestly, if your school hasn't sent an email about incomplete evaluations, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If they do (which is stupid because you're basically graduating), just shoot a text/email to either the director or resident to have them complete the evaluation. Again, I am pretty sure that you're school's externship coordinator will notify them about them.