Question about prosthodontics program stipend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Almass

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
How much stipend these prosthodontics program will offer:
UPENN
OHIO

Members don't see this ad.

I think for Penn its around 25K. Ohio is more minimal in the range of 12k if im not mistaken.

There are other hospital-based stipend programs out there to look into: Montefiore, Mayo, UCLA, URochester and non-hospital ones where tuition is offset by stipend (UNC, UConn, Texas A&M, Minnesota, San Antonio).
I would look into those if that if stipend/low cost programs is what you are looking into.

When I was last applying, these were some of the numbers I was told (keep in mind this may be slightly outdated since they are from 2022).

Penn - they literally told me that they don't really offer scholarships or stipends and "if I want to come, I'll find a way to pay" (ngl I found them extremely rude and dismissive about financial costs)
Montefiore - offered around 67k salary with around 13k that goes to tuition
URochester - offered around 38k salary (not sure about tuition)
Stony Brooke - offered around 65k salary with no tuition
UNC - offered around 12k of stipend and had a 14k tuition, but did say they offer more scholarships to offset the cost
UConn - offered around 4-5k stipend, which was not enough to offset the tuition

If you are a US citizen, there are VA programs as well:
Manhattan VA - around 65k salary with around 10-15k tuition to NYU
San Francisco VA - around 95k salary with tuition covered to UCSF

I would definitely double check these numbers since those were the ones I called and asked about at the time. Some of the website numbers are outdated and some of these are probably outdated as well depending on inflation and funding.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When I was last applying, these were some of the numbers I was told (keep in mind this may be slightly outdated since they are from 2022).

Penn - they literally told me that they don't really offer scholarships or stipends and "if I want to come, I'll find a way to pay" (ngl I found them extremely rude and dismissive about financial costs)
Montefiore - offered around 67k salary with around 13k that goes to tuition
URochester - offered around 38k salary (not sure about tuition)
Stony Brooke - offered around 65k salary with no tuition
UNC - offered around 12k of stipend and had a 14k tuition, but did say they offer more scholarships to offset the cost
UConn - offered around 4-5k stipend, which was not enough to offset the tuition

If you are a US citizen, there are VA programs as well:
Manhattan VA - around 65k salary with around 10-15k tuition to NYU
San Francisco VA - around 95k salary with tuition covered to UCSF

I would definitely double check these numbers since those were the ones I called and asked about at the time. Some of the website numbers are outdated and some of these are probably outdated as well depending on inflation and funding.
UConn is 25k tuition and 25k stipend or a bit less if not from the us or Canada. The others you mentioned are basically correct.

It is possible Upenn may have removed their stipend since I don’t see it on the website anymore. Regardless the tuition was much higher than the stipend could offset anyways.

Va programs are only for us citizens.

UConn is 25k tuition and 25k stipend or a bit less if not from the us or Canada. The others you mentioned are basically correct.

It is possible Upenn may have removed their stipend since I don’t see it on the website anymore. Regardless the tuition was much higher than the stipend could offset anyways.

Va programs are only for us citizens.
Yup, you're right. I just looked up UConn's cost: 25k stipend for 23k tuition if you are US citizen, if not its 13k stipend for 45k tuition.

I did mention that VA is for US Citizen. I am not sure if OP is or not, so I listed those that I had numbers for.

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like them LOL
This was the same vibe I got when I was applying to Endo there

Sounds like them LOL
This was the same vibe I got when I was applying to Endo there
Don’t you know UPenn is in the Ivy League?! We are not talking about Penn State! You should just have felt seriously so blessed to have been invited into their presence for an interview, mkay.

Big Hoss

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users